9. Divorce

A L M I R A' S P O V

After that stupid husband of mine pour all the water on my lap I immediately dashed towards my room to change my dress. Dumb Idiot!

Later, I came down when Aunt Maroosha asked me about what happened.

"Nothing. Aunt just your son is being him self. Nothing new." I replied not wanting to complain about her stupid son.

"What? Aunt? Did I hear that right? You are calling me Aunt? I am your mother now call me that." She insisted caressing my face. That would be so weird to call her Mom.

"Oh...umm...okay Mom." I said because it would be so rude if I don't.

"Very good." She smiled and went inside the kitchen.

As the time passed all the guests went back to their homes as we bid goodbyes to them.

Now it was time for Rahim to come. Yes I was so going to take my revenge on him! Never in my life I was so happy for him to come home.

"Asalamwalaikum (peace be upon you) everyone."  Yes finally! But as I turned I saw that it was Abbu and Uncle Inam who stepped in. Nevermind. Rahim will come home. Sometime he has to.

Usually he comes home by seven or half past seven but its eight o' clock now he still hasn't arrived.

Out of all days why is he late today when I wanted to take revenge?!

I went inside kitchen and spotted Aunt Maroosha and Mom cooking Biryani.

"Mom when will Rahim arrive? Its eight o'clock now and he still hasn't arrived." I asked Aunt Maroosha.

"Oh my God aren't you so worried? Its okay. I am happy that there is someone who cares about him more than me." Ugh...when did I say that? Why do people always get me wrong?

"Yes Mira. I am so happy for you." Yes only my mother was left and she also started. Great!

"No my mothers I was not-" Yes. The major missing: getting cut off when I'm speaking.

"Asalamwalaikum everybody!" Rahim exclaimed when he entered the house. Wow aren't you excited much today Rahim. Anyway it's not gonna stay for long.

"Wow. Just now you recalled him and he's here now infront of your eyes." Aunt Maroosha grinned like a child. Why is she so filmy?

"Go meet him. Talk to him." My mom urged me to go. Why do they want me to talk to him so bad? They don't really know my real intentions behind me asking about Rahim's whereabouts.

I looked for Rahim but didn't find him. Maybe he's in his room.

I sat on the couch with Nano and Dadu to spend some quality time with them.

Didn't know how long did I and the senior citizens talked but it was soon time for dinner. Everybody was seated at their respective place. The chair beside me got pulled and the devil sat beside me.

Rahim picked up his glass smirked at me and started drinking water. Let's see who smirks later.

The same general talks were going on. I had already finished my dinner and I was waiting Rahim to finish.

"Ya Allah Shukar (Thanks to the all mighty) for the food." He thanked and got up.

"I am so tired today. Even I am going. Shabbakhair everyone. (Good night)" I also got up. 

Everyone greeted us the same and both of us started walking towards our room.

"What did you do so much that you got tired? Climbed mountains?" Without being sarcastic he can never talk with me. What's with him and being brainless.