34. Twenty-Four Hours

I B R A H I M' S P O V

How?

How could she say that she doesn't love me?

I know! I have seen love for me in her eyes but who's gonna tell her that. I have tried and failed miserably.

Mira is a very daring girl. If she falls in love I don't think that she will be afraid of confessing and that too to me, who is already hopelessly in love with her, it is very easy for her. But what's stopping her?

Something is restricting her or she has still not realised that she's in love with me.

Ugh my head aches.

But what about the divorce?! I have already told her and now I will have to.

If she will confess her love for me till tomorrow morning then I will happily accept her because tomorrow in the evening I am going to court office.

Ya Allah please give her some mind so that she listens to her heart!

Now I have done enough for her to realise her and now everything is on her. I will only watch now.

"I hate her." I heard Fahad mumbling.

"Whom do you hate?" I looked at him who had a scowl on his face.

"That pathetic friend of your wife." He complained making me chuckle at him.

"You don't talk about girls like that." I remarked. "And my wife? I don't think she will be my wife anymore."

"Hey! She is and will be your wife forever."

"Easier said than done." I was feeling very low now, dejected that my wife is gonna divorce me soon.

"You love her with your whole heart?" Fahad kept his hand on my shoulder.

"I do."

"Now you may kiss the bride."

"What the heck? Shut up you, idiot! Always joking around." I scolded him. Stupid person, is this the time to joke around?

"Chill man! Let's go and have something to eat." He held my arm making me stand up.

"Have you ever thought of something else than food?" I questioned looking at him, weirded out.

"Umm, yeah I do, God, parents, and not to forget my handsome friend." He grinned.

"Sometimes I doubt whether....." I spoke in a teasing tone.

"Hey! No need to doubt about anything. I am all pure and straight."

"Anyway lets go." I took my phone and wallet and we both left the office and drove off to eat something.

It was time to leave for home, however, I didn't want to go home because I cannot control myself from looking at her, touching her and teasing her. Also, after what she said today, I fear that she may not even look at my direction.

After an hour or so, I finally decided to go back. The whole ride I was thinking about Mira that will she confess her love till tomorrow morning or our love story ends here.

I reached home and rang the bell. The door opened as Hamdan greeted me.

I wished it was Mira. Nevermind.

"Asalamwalaikum ,Rahim Bhai.

"Walaikumasalam, gum ball."

"Gum ball?" He uttered making a disgusted face.