26. Say Sunshine

I B R A H I M' S  P O V

I had entered our room, changed into my comfy clothes as I am not going to work today and crashed on my bed. Now, I am waiting for Mira to come up since last thirty minutes.

My head was paining too, so I decided to lay down. Also, due to feeling too cold I pulled the duvets over me.

Now all I have to do is to wait.

Ughh...when will she come? Will she come or not?

I guess God heard my prayers as the doorknob twisted and entered my life & wife, Mira. Ew, that was so corny!

She was holding a tray in which there was soup bowl and placed on the nightstand.

"Get up! Have this soup." She commanded me.

"Won't you feed me?" I looked at her innocently just to receive a bewildered look from her.

"I guess this fever has travelled up to your brain too. Thinking all rubbish. Ma Sha Allah (With of God's Grace) your hands are perfectly fine so use them for having the soup and have this tablet and sleep." She moved her head towards the tablets kept. While she was talking, I noticed something. That someone was that she has lisp.

"Say sunshine." I gushed ignoring all her previous rant.

"I am telling you Rahim if this is some type of your stupid pick up line then I'll kill you." She pointed her finger at me as her eyes displayed irritation towards me.

"No. . . Just say once." I pleaded.

"Okay, sunshine." She cannot pronounce the letter 's' properly.

"Say sweetheart."

"Why? No I wo-"

"Just trust me."

"Sweetheart." She said hesitantly. Yes she has slightly speech defect. But she managed to look cute with that also. Not a major, it is very slightly.

"Why did you make me say those names?" Eagerness was evident in her tone.

"Do you know that you have lisp?" I asked her making her sit beside me.

"Umm. . . Yeah." She agreed nervously. "My parents told me once and Hamdan too."

"It's okay. You can practice saying the letter 's' properly by calling me nicknames like sunshine, sweetheart, sexy, smarty, spark of my life, st-"

"What about I practice by calling you stupid, snappy, snobby, silly, simpleton? There are many other adjectives stored for you inside my brain." Man, she can give you comebacks like a punch in your face.

"No need. It's better if you practice with sit, sauce, stand, single, sing etcetera." I mentioned as she chuckled at me.

"Fine you don't worry about me now worry about yourself, you are sick." She postulated out handing me the soup.

"Please feed me. Please."

"What? Are you dumb?" She asked me flummoxed by my request.

"Please. Please." I gave her my best puppy eyes.

"Ugh. . . Accha." She conceded taking the bowl from my hand. (Fine)

"Did you have breakfast?"

"No. I didn't. First you have yours then I will have mine because you are sick now open your mouth."

She took a spoonful soup and blew it. And me? I was just amazed by her looks. So pure. So innocent yet so fiesty she is. Why didn't I notice it before? Cause I was blinded by hate back then.