38. Reasons

A L M I R A' S   P O V

"RAHIM!"

Did you think that it was me who shouted out Rahim's name out loud assuming that I would confess my love for him? If you did, then I am sorry to break it you but no it wasn't me. It was Aunt Maroosha who shouted his name.

I had opened my mouth to call out Rahim's name but before me Aunt Maroosha came rushing downstairs screaming his name.

Ugh. . . Why does everybody wants to interrupt while I am talking?!

I didn't like people cutting me off but I swear this moment has me made the angriest.

Rahim turned back to look at her.

"What Mom?" He sounded very irritated. Blame me.

"See, now that you are going to divorce Mira you will need to find a good companion. So there's a girl she is the daughter of a friend of mine, so I was thinking to call her tomorrow so you guys can meet each other. Is it okay?" She continued.

After hearing Aunt Maroosha, my heart blasted. My energy drained out because of crying all day, not having proper meals and now this bomb. I couldn't process anything in my mind as darkness engulfed me and the only thing I remember before fainting was my name shouted by my Rahim.

And my legs gave up.

Later, when I woke up I was surrounded by the whole family as I sensed that my hand was gripped by someone else.

"Mira." I heard my name whispered and I turned to look at Rahim who was sitting beside me holding my hand in his. The warmth of his hand returned all my energy back.

He helped me sit properly and I rested my head at the headboard.

I looked at him who was already looking at me. I could see the concern, the care in his eyes. We were gazing at each other when I was hugged by someone, very hard.

"My kid, what happened to you? Why did you faint? I was so worried." Mom ranted.

I was not able to speak because she had crushed me in his arms.

"Aunty uh easy. . take it easy. . . You will suffocate her to death." Rahim intervened before I could of a heart attack.

"Yes-yes." She acknowledged, pulling me out of the hug.

"What happened to my girl?" Abbu asked me lovingly. How do I explain him that I fainted because of crying, divorce and hearing some another stupid girl meet my Rahim. My Rahim.

"No Abbu, actually Um...I-I" I was finding some exciting when Nada, my life saviour, interrupted.

"Let it be na Uncle. Now she's fine that's the point. Let her have lunch first and we all should too." She saved me.

"Yes. Now she is fine let her have lunch sometime because of not having a proper diet also leads to fainting." Nano spoke.

"Yes, dear, you should take care.Everybody, leave the room. Let her rest." Dadu announced.

"I will bring lunch for her." Nada stated. Everybody else left the room and now it was only me and Rahim left.

"Why?" He simply asked.

"What why?"

"Why aren't you having proper meals? At least when you are  happy." The taunt pierced through my heart as, again the tears welled up in my eyes.

"How? How can you say all this Rahim? How could you be so heartless? Tell me are you feeling happy about this divorce?" I questioned furiously looking into his eyes.

"No! Ofcourse not I am not happy. Why would I be happy? Actually 'not happy' is a small word. I am devastated and you know what, I have a reason for being sad which is that I love you but why are you sad, huh?

You don't love me and you have all the rights to be happy. And if you are unhappy then what is the reason. Please tell me." He heaved.

"Shut up Rahim!" My voice wobbled as I turned my head away from him.

"Why? Why shall I shut my mouth? From telling the truth or making you realise that you are hopelessy in love with me." My head snapped towards him at the last sentence. Tears were rolling down my cheeks because even if he knows I cannot commit the fact.

"Mira, if you want to kill me. Kill me at once. Why are you killing me in instalments. One time you say you don't love me and next second you are crying." He sounded really exasperated. "Are they tears of joy or what?"

"I don't l-love. . you." Why did I stutter? Can someone kill me.

You were very brave before and was going to confess him then what happened now? Denying the fact? Wow! Now my brain is also making fun of me.

"Phir behosh kyun huyi thi tum?" He looked dead in my eyes. (Then why did you faint?)

"Nano had already told that I fainted because of not having proper meals didn't you listen?" I countered back at him.

"I am pretty sure that you didn't faint because of that reason. I know why you fainted." He stated.

"Ph-phir kya wajah hai?" I asked him hesitantly loosing all the confidence I had mustered up. (Wh-what is the reason then?)

"The reason behind your fainting is that you got shocked, saddened, overwhelmed when you heard about some another girl meeting me." He leaned towards me, his face only an inch away from me.

"Huh? What rubbish? Why wo-would I?" I spluttered leaning away from him as I tried pushed him by his chest cause anyone could walk anytime.

"Be-" He was going to answer me when the door flung open and came in Nada.

"Oh my God! I didn't see anything." She gasped while hurriedly keeping her palm against her eyes.

"Hey! You duffer, come in. We were doing nothing." Rahim took in a sharp intake of breath and leaned back.

She stepped in and placed the tray, she was carrying, on the nightstand.

"Rahim, your friend, pathetic excuse of a human, Fahad is calling you. Go!" She ushered.

He nodded at her. Giving me one last look, he exited the room.

"Tell me the truth Mira." Nada sat beside me. "You fainted because of what Aunt Maroosha told, right?" She asked as I nodded at her and burst out in tears  hugging her.

"It's okay. Sometimes life takes a test. Only one solution Mira: Confess."

"Confess what Nada? Understand my problem too. If his Mom has asked me to divorce then who am I to stop a mother from wanting happiness of her child."

"YOU IDIOT! His happiness lies with you. Remember that." She screeched when someone knocked at the door.

She went to open and Fahad was at the door. They were whispering to each other, later she shut the door.

"Even a stupid creature like Fahad can understand the love between you two then why are you still being stubborn! You know what? He came here to tell that he and Rahim were going to the lawyer for the divorce and if you can stop Rahim then please do." She narrated as all the anxiety and nervousness was filled in my body again. "Right now!"

I might faint again now.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! How are you guys? Are you liking the story? Let me know through the comments and don't forget to vote by clicking on the star. Until then thank you, bye, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, do tell me your favourite part of the chapter.

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 15/05/19