25. Fever? Love Fever!

A L M I R A' S  P O V

After Rahim pulled up on the street he opened his flirty mouth. Yes, to present his yet another stupid pickup line.

"Mira." Rahim spoke up making me look at him.

"Hmm?"

"Do you, by any chance have got a dictionary?" He queried. I got confused that why he needed that. Did he fail in his exams?

"No. Why do want it?"

"Because I can't think of the words to describe you." He winked at me.

"Do you have anything to do else than flirting?" I questioned him, agitatedly.

"Hey! Flirting is for boys and I am your husband this is a way to show my love towards you. And yes I have anything else to do than the work which you call 'flirting' which is to stare at you all day." He avowed partly focusing on the road and glancing at me sideways.

"So chesssyy..." I stressed on the 'ys'

"Onlyyyyy.." He dragged the 'ys', in short imitating me. "For you." He continued looking at me. And guess what next happened? He sneezed.

"Alhumdullillah."

"Yarhamuk Allah."

"Who knows maybe you are to someone else also." I teased him.

"What? I will never in my life cheat on you. I assure you that you are my first and last love." He stated looking at me in the eyes. The thing is that with the sincerity he spoke true were also true because we know each other since we were babies and I know that he doesn't go on flirt with girls. Wait he doesn't even talk to them. The only girls which he talks is me, his female cousins and Nada and Uméma's (Fahad's sister), who are like sisters to him so no chance.

"Uh, Rahim. I was just kidding." I intervened

"Please never doubt or joke about my sincerity." He looked dead in my eyes and spoke those words.

"Oh. . . I am sorry." I professed looking down at my fingers which were intertwined on my lap.

"Your hand looks heavy, let me hold it for you." He asserted, after silence of some minutes, taking my hand in his.

"It means you're calling me fat!" I gave him a menacing glare.

"No you are too fragile to handle yourself."

"Are you appreciating or insulting?"

"Ofcourse appreciating, my love."

By this our house came in view as he parked the car.

I was about to get up and exit the vehicle when I noticed that something was holding me back and I looked up to see my hand still laced with his which was constantly fluttering my heart.

"Rahim." I called out to him and indicate him to our hands.

"Yes. I know. They look so good together. Your hand with mine." He gave a boyish grin. *Sneeze*

"Alhumdullillah." He said rubbing his nose.

"Yarhamuk Allah. First of all you will and the tablet. Did you have your breakfast?" I interrogated him.

"Umm...No." He said scratching his neck from behind.

"Why may I ask?" I implored in a clipped tone.

"I was excited to bring you back." He chortled in joy.

"Anyway, lets go now. Let me check your temperature once again." I brought my other hand to his forehead just to sense that it was burning.

"RAHIM! YOUR FOREHEAD IS BURNING HOT! LET'S GET YOU INSIDE!" I exhorted, snatching my hand away just to grab him by arm to get out of the car.

"No Mira! It's ok I am already late I will be going directly to the office."

"NO!" I glared at him and got of the car as he copied my actions.

"Walk, Rahim." I tried my best to not loose my control and shout at him.

"No. I wi-" He started by I cut him off.

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SAYED YOU WILL COME RIGHTNOW WITH ME OR ELSE I WILL AGAIN GO BACK TO NADA'S HOUSE!!" I dragged him along with me not giving a chance to speak.

"Mira I-" He began but I cut him off by turning my neck towards him to glare. "-I was just asking about uh, umm, ya! About your bag."

"I'll take it later for now don't worry about it." I rang the doorbell as Aunt Maroosha opened the door.

"Oh my daughter-in-law has arrived! Come in both of you." She gushed at the sight infront of her.

"Asalamwalaikum!" I hugged her.

"Walaikumasalam, sweety. Let's go have breakfast." She smiled at me.

"Actually Rahim, here, is having a very high fever so he'll go and rest in his room and I'll shall prepare something for him." I explained the matter to her.

"Huh? Rahim you're having fever? Tumne mujhe pehle kyun nahi bataya?" She looked at him, worriedly. "You will not go to the office today." She declared, nearing towards him to check his temperature. (Why didn't you tell me?)

"It's burning hot." She surmised.

"I am telling him from past ten minutes not to go to office but when will he listen to me." I muttered the last part scowling at him.

"Okay-okay fine." Rahim raised his hands up in surrender."When two most important woman of my life are caring about me so much then I won't go to the office." He proceeded to hug his mother not before giving me a wink.

He will never learn!

"C'mon, my sweet son, go to your bedroom and Mira will bring something for you to eat." She announced walking towards the kitchen.

I was also going to follow her when Rahim wrapped his hands around me and made impossible for me to move.

"Don't go. I was waiting for you. And now that you have come, you are again going to the kitchen." He whispered softly in my ear making a tornado happen inside me.

I took in a sharp breath of air, I couldn't proceed to say anything. I was feeling as if the close proximity had twisted my tongue.
But somehow, I still managed to reply back something to him.

"Rah-im I-I am going to be back-"

Someone cleared their throat and I got away from his grasp as quick as lightning.

"I know you guys are married and all but my poor eyes are still too young for all that." Hamdan appeared from nowhere to, obviously talk nonsense.

"Shut up!" I shot him a glare. "Don't overreact! Idiot! Aur wese bhi kuch aisa-waisa kuch nahi kar rahe the." I shifted in my place, trying my best to defend myself, atleast infront of my fourteen-year-old brother. (And anyway we weren't doing something inappropriate.)

"Sahi toh keh raha hai. Let's go into our room." Rahim whispered in my ear making me nudge at him with my elbow. (He's stating the correct point.)

"SHUT YOUR DIRTY MIND AND GO TO YOUR ROOM AND REST." I dictated loudly, at him walking towards the kitchen.

"CORRECTION: ITS OUR ROOM." he shouted back. Oh boy!

I just shook my head as my lips involuntary tugged up.

Let's start making soup for my sick husband now.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! How are you liking the story so far? Let me know through comments and don't forget to vote by clicking on the star icon. Until then thank you, bye, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, do tell me your favourite part of the chapter.

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 04/05/19