10. Comebacks

I B R A H I M' S P O V

We were driving to Aunt Rizwana's place when this stupid girl decided to open her mouth.

"How much more time Rahim? I am getting bored!" She complained. Does she know anything except complaining?!

"This. . . This voice of yours just irritates me." I bellowed.

"If this voice of mine irritates you so much then why don't you die after hearing it?!" Good comeback but I have a better one.

"Yes yes. Afterall the good flowers are picked up first than the stale ones."

"Now what happened? Done with all of your oversmart comebacks?" I provoked her I know I shouldn't be doing that but. . . Who cares?

"Anyway we'll reach there in five to ten minutes." I informed her.

"It could've been so better if you would have answered this simple sentence previously." She nagged. I like to tease her that's why.

"Okay now shut up we have almost reached. Get ready."

After some minutes we reached at Aunt Rizwana's house and I asked her to get out. Not in a rude way though. When I saw her lost in her thoughts, I shook her shoulders.

"Mira? What happened? C'mon let's go we have reached." She looked very tensed maybe because she left her Mom and she misses her.

"Rahim I don't want to go. You know that Aunt Rizwana hates me because you and I are married and she wanted you to marry her friend's daughter, right? She really hates me so bad. I don't wanna go Rahim. I don't want to. Please." She stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"Mira. . . Why are you getting so tensed? I know that you and me don't get along but I am there with you. You are not going alone. I am here with you, Okay? Come let's get inside." I assured her.

After a lot of persuasion, we both were standing infront of the door.

"Rahim ring." Mira urged.

"What?" I asked I knew what but I didn't want to do it. Where's the fun in that.

"The bell idiot. Is there anything else to be rung!?" She turned towards me. Why is she always in a all-time-cranky mood?

"I don't want to. Please you ring it." I pleaded her.

"You are not going alone. I am here with you, Okay? Who was telling all these things to me and now you're BACKING OFF?!" She started shouting at me. I mean this mode of her was better than when she was in the car. So worried she was-

The door opened and there stood Aunty Rizwana and I saw Mira face fall. Well she also dislikes Aunt. A lot.

"Asalamwalaikum (peace be upon you) Aunt Rizwana." I greeted her.

"Walaikumasalam (peace be upon you too)." She squealed and pulled me into bone-crushing hug.

"How's Uncle, Aunt?" I asked her.

"He's not fine. Just had his medicine. Now he's sleeping." She informed me.

"We'll meet him later then."

I removed her hands around me and grabbed Mira's arm and pulled her towards me.

"Asalamwalaikum Aunt Rizwana." Mira greeted Aunt and she immediately made a disgusting face. She's so aged then also she's not mature.

I looked at Mira who was looking down she glanced at me and mouthed me 'bags' and went towards the car to take her duffel bag.