32. Ignorance

I B R A H I M' S P O V

I looked at the person who was worrying about me, more than myself.

"Don't you have an answer to my question?" I asked her as she looked up at me. And man, I was again lost in them. But the fault in those eyes were that they were filled tears which that was hurting me. A lot!

But Mira didn't answer. "Don't have an answer, do you? Jawab toh hoga bhi nahi because only answer to my question is that you love me but you don't wanna admit it!" I told the crystal clear truth when she was done with applying the ointment. (You wouldn't be having too.)

"And what made you believe that?" Her glare pierced through as crossed her hands across her chest.

"Even though you were angry with me, today, you didn't forget to ask how's my health. When I was having fever, you stayed up all night doing that cold-water-rug-thing and today also you were furious at me and you are still applying the ointment. Aren't these signs of love?" I questioned her.

"No."

"Then what is it?"

"Galatfehmi." (Misunderstanding.)

"What I-"

"Just for the sake of humanity! If it was someone else in my place, that person must have done the same thing. Also, I don't care about you!" She rushed inside the washroom banging its door.

I am sure now that she loves me and as much as cliche it sounds, I have seen in her eyes the love for me, the care for me and the concern for me.

What shall I do God to prove that she loves me?

Yes! I got an idea to prove her that she loves me! Tomorrow I will prove her and make her admit that she loves me and if she still wants a divorce. I will divorce. Because if she is unhappy because of me for not giving her divorce then I will, because I can't bare seeing her in pain.

Let's see what's there for our lives.

Mira came outside and avoided my gaze and straightaway went to the bed. Her cheeks were tinted red so was her nose and her eyes, let's not talk about them.

I sighed and switch off the lights. I went towards her and tapped on her shoulder which made her turn towards me with her dampened eyes.

"What?" She asked softly.

"When you sleep, dream about me. Shabbakhair, sweetheart. And don't forget that I love you. Don't stress, honey." I kissed her forehead. She was still in shock maybe wondering that even though she was rude how could I behave so sweet with her. Love does that to you, Mira.

The very next morning my phone started ringing. Huh? Who's calling me now? I checked and saw that it was my alarm ringing. Why didn't Mira wake me up?

I turned around to find Mira done with offering her Salah and found her folding her prayer mat.

She was going to get up and dash into the bathroom when I held her by arm and asked "Why didn't you wake me up?" Bathroom has become her favourite plan, huh.

She avoided my eye contact while answering, "But I did keep the alarm."

"How did you know my password?" I neared closer to my folding my hands across my chest.