8. Adjustments

A L M I R A' S  P O V

After my Salah (prayer) I folded my prayer mat and looked behind at Rahim who was offering his Salah with utter dedication.

I averted my gaze away from him because it's inappropriate to stare at someone when they are offering his/her Salah.

I walked into the closet where it was divided between mine and his clothes. Taking out my dress I went inside the bathroom to have a warm, relaxing bath.

I tell you people, I tell you that only ten minutes had passed and this moron started knocking the door.

"ALMIRA ZAINAB KHAN! FINISH YOUR BUSINESS AND COME OUT FAST" What was the need to scream?!

Can someone please teach him some manners because I am sure Aunt Maroosha must have taught him but this stubborn guy can't get that inside his thick head.

"WAIT. . . WHEN I TAKE YOUR FULL NAME YOU SCOLD AT ME THEN WHAT ABOUT YOU TAKING MY FULL NAME?!" That's so unfair.

"COME OUT MIRA O-" I cut him off by opening the door.

"What took you so much of time?" He interrogated me as if I was some goon. Dude what do you do inside washroom he doesn't even know that?

"Unlike you I am a very hygienic person." I moved away and let him go inside.

I walked towards the vanity and started wearing my jewellery. My mom gave me long lecture about wearing chains, rings, bangles. God that lecture was so tiring.

So I started wearing my gold chain, wedding and engagement rings, and bangles with a watch and cuffs.

I realised it now that I will get so bored from now because it was May so summer break was going on in our college and I would not be able to meet Nada!

I heard the click of the door and I turned behind to see Rahim standing there in his sweatpants and t-shirt.

I was at peace, standing in front of the dressing table getting ready but this guy came and pushed me!

"Aaghh. . . Rahim! WHY DID YOU PUSH ME?!"

"I am so sorry Mira. I didn't mean to."

"No you meant it. You took your revenge."

"You got in my way. And it was unintentionally and I am apologising for it."

"Huh. I am apologising." I mimicked his voice and continued getting ready why would I waste my time because of this idiot! See how mature I am.

"Mira. Please iron this pant for me please. The laundry guy comes today and none of my pants are pressed."

"No Rahim. It's useless pleading me." I shook my head at him. First he pushes me and now he's asking me to press his pant.

"Please na Mira." He gave me puppy eyes. Oh God no...

"See even I helped you the other day at the college now it's your time to repay. Please Miraaaa...." he said dragging the 'a'

"Thik hai." (Fine.)

"Thank you!"

I started pressing his pant when I saw him walking towards the balcony and started talking to someone on the phone. Maybe from the company. Who cares.

"Rahiiimmmmm." I called for him after ironing his pant.

He motioned me to stay quiet as I rolled my eyes at him. I simply kept his pant on the bed and continued getting ready for the day.