Chapter 7 - Coffee Place

LUNA

I come back from my break to find Joan helping the guy who had lunch with Skye. My brother is not the kind of man who makes friends easily. He is friendly to some people, but only Kay and Joan are his real friends. This guy must be special.

"Hey, Luna! Have you met our new friend Dylan?" Joan smiles brightly.

"Not formally. Hello, Dylan, nice to meet you. I'm Luna Kalani," I shake his hand.

Dylan is a handsome man with boyish looks. His blond hair is in a crew cut, and he has light blue eyes. His skin and lips are pale. He reminds me of how Skye looked when he finished his cancer treatment.

"Nice to meet you too. I have heard nice compliments about you," Dylan says with a sincere smile.

"Probably from Kay, because hell will freeze on the day Skye says something nice about me."

I mean it. My brother and I love each other, but getting a compliment from Skye is almost impossible.

"Probably," he smirks.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask when I see the pile of rash guards and baggies on the counter.

"Dylan will train with Skye during the week at four in the afternoon, and on Sundays at eleven in the morning," Joan sorts through the pile of clothes. "I'm getting him some items to get started, but he should talk to you about the board."

"Training with my brother? You are definitely something special. Why not on Saturdays then?"

"He recommended I hang around here with you to learn more about the equipment," says Dylan. "He told me you help customers all the time and the information will be beneficial to me."

"My brother said what? Do you feel that chill? I think hell is freezing. Anyway, boards. Are you looking for anything in particular?"

"I liked the one I used in my lesson. Skye said you made it. I will be grateful if I can get something like it."

I take a look at him. If Skye liked him enough to give him one of my boards, then he probably gave him...

"Was it a red one with a yellow stripe in the middle with green vines?" I say, and his eyes widen.

"How do you know?" he says in awe.

"Skye only gives that board to the people he likes. I have one with the same shape, only a different design. It is entirely white with green vines all over. If you don't like it, I can find you something good in the commercial brands."

"I would like to see your board if it is not much of a problem," he says.

He is so damn polite. It is refreshing to have somebody around like him. I guide him to the storage area where we keep the boards. I grab the one I talked about.

"This is it. It is eight feet long, and it has a concave bottom for stability, three fins for better anglin' capabilities, a round nose, square tail, and soft rails," I caress the board. Dylan's eyes widen while taking in the new information.

"I'm sorry Luna," he turns red. "Skye just explained all of those terms during the lesson, but I forgot them. I want this board though. I like the design."

"It's all right, and a lot to take in. If you hang around here on Saturdays, you will learn a lot. Do you have rails on your car to transport it? Otherwise, I can keep it here for you."

"I don't have them yet. I would like to keep it here in the meantime if you don't mind," he says, and I nod.

"Hey Dylan, if you are planning to hang around with us on Saturdays, I can offer you a job as a sales assistant. The pay is decent, and it's fun at this time of the year. God knows I could use the extra help."