Chapter 32 - Oceancrush

SKYE

Joan drives me crazy with the sexy outfit she is wearing. It isn't revealing, or short, and you see nothing, but the way it hugs her body...

"Skye, the car won't turn on by itself, and stop staring at my boobs," Joan lifts an eyebrow and gives me a scolding look.

"I can't help it. Who knew a lime green dress would look so good on you?" I start the car.

Joan has trouble hiding a proud smile. Her designs sold out in only a week. Dylan and her had to place a rush order to cover the upcoming weeks.

"I owe it big to Dylan for helping me to do all of this," she looks ahead.

"We all do. He is an excellent friend. I'm still surprised he kept everything so quiet. You guys work fast."

"I have the knowledge and the contacts, and he insisted on investing. I was hesitant at first. Then he reminded me I'm do this for you too. And well, I would do anything for my boyfriend."

"That is cute and creepy," I laugh and she swats at my arm.

"Hey, I was trying to be romantic. Now, seriously talking Skye, don't leave my side tonight. That Ryan asshole will be there for sure."

"Don't worry, babe. You will have more than only me to protect you," I put my hand on her knee.

We arrive to a hotel in the downtown area. The party takes place in the large ballroom. We give our names at the door and enter the room. The place is impressive and has a fantastic set of blue and green projection lights which makes you feel as if you are underwater. I scan the area for trouble, and find it sitting at the bar, so we move in the opposite direction. Dax and Lottie stand at a cocktail table enjoying a drink, and we join them. Dax and I wear the black casual clothes from the Kalani line. I then realize Lottie is also wearing a lime green dress, but it has a different design.

"Luna and Valentina also have matching dresses," Joan says as if she can read my mind. "Ross has a shirt in lime green and the same pants you guys are wearing. We need to present a united front tonight."

"You think about everything," I cup her face and kiss her.

Ross and Dylan join us followed by Luna. Kay arrives last with Valentina. The girls look beautiful, and we look like a real professional team.

As I gaze around, I figure this party is just a big promotion scheme for Oceancrush. They are not ashamed of rubbing it in everybody else's faces. Even the waiters and waitresses wear their clothes.

"Where is Jax?" Dax asks Kay.

"He said this is nothing for him, to enjoy ourselves and to behave," he replies with a big smile.

I check the bar to keep an eye on Ryan and see Derek chatting with some people. He gives me a small nod, seems to finish his conversation and then heads to our table.

"Team Kalani, so happy to see you all together! Joan, will you do me the honor of interviewing you for Rip Curl and give me an exclusive about the fashion line? We had little time to chat at the team party," Derek grins at her.

My girlfriend blushes, and I give her an encouraging nudge.

"I will do it only if Dylan does the interview with me. This project wouldn't have been possible without him."

Ross puts his arm around Dylan and rubs his arm. Dylan smiles shyly and nods.

"Can we move to the sitting area in front of the ballroom? I won't be able to record anything with this noise," Derek looks at the DJ next to the stage.