Chapter 17 - Not That Guy

LUNA

I take another sip of my water as I watch Anthony retrace his steps. He must be in one of the big teams if they can afford to stay in those villas. He is kind of sexy and looks familiar.

I think I will close the shop after looking at his board and head back to the store. I was working on a new custom board for a client and was sweating like crazy. I have all the windows open, plus two fans, and it wasn't enough.

"Were you talking to Blue Smith? Was he the guy in the blue t-shirt?" Skye comes from the side of the building and stands next to me.

"No, it can't be him. He told me his name is Anthony," I look at my brother, who stretches his neck trying to look at the guy walking in the distance.

"Luna, Blue Smith's real name is Anthony Smith," my brother says in an irritated voice.

"It can't be him, Skye. Blue has long hair down to his shoulders like you."

My brother grabs my arm and drags me inside the store. We come to a stop in front of the lit display from Oceancrush that has Blue's photos. I look at it smugly. Blue has long hair and the guy I talked to doesn't.

"This display is from last year. Now look," Skye hands me a magazine from the counter.

"Which page am I supposed to look for?" I say.

Skye grabs the magazine roughly from my hands, and searches for a page.

"Was it this guy?" he shoves the magazine again in my hands.

My eyes widen at the realization. On the page is an advertisement for Oceancrush with a photo of the new team. In the middle stands the same guy I spoke to. A tall man with black wavy hair and light brown eyes. I talked to Blue Smith!

"What did he want?" Skye looks into my face.

"His board is damaged. He asked me to look at it. I don't know why he doesn't ask for another one from Oceancrush. They must have loads."

My brother's eyes widen, and his mouth drops open. I guess I'm missing vital information here.

"Can you stop looking at me like an idiot and say what is going on?" I say. Now I'm the one who feels irritated.

"His board got him the nickname Blue. He has won all of his competitions with it. He uses no other board."

Now it's my turn to look like an idiot.

"I don't get it, Skye. Oceancrush must have their own team of shapers for the competition. Why does he come to me then?"

"Probably because they won't arrive until the competition begins. Blue needs a board to train. When will he bring the stick?"

"Now! Oh dammit, Skye! Please come with me. I'm freaking out."

My brother and I return to the workshop and wait. Blue comes back and walks between the cars in the parking lot while carrying the big board bag. He smiles as he comes closer.

"I'm back," he says.

"Blue- I mean, Anthony. This is my brother, Skye," I say, and they shake hands.

"Skye? I remember your name now. Skye Kalani, right?" Blue smiles.

I look at my brother, and he has a confused look just like I probably have.

"Yes. That is my name," he says in a weak voice.

"We were inscribed in the same competition many years ago," Anthony says in an enthusiastic voice. "I was 18 years old then and heard rumors about how good you were. You suddenly disappeared, and I always wondered what happened to you. I wanted to see you compete."