A/N Before we start, welcome to my new book, I tried really hard with this one and just some things to get out of the way. Alex is trans, female to male, and Theo is the little sister to Theo, Frances is John’s little sister, but Phillip is nowhere near related to Alex.

ALSO TW: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS.

Alex’s POV

“Alexandra I’ll miss you,” John says to me, tears in his eyes.

That was nine years ago and I haven’t seen him since. I moved to Nevis with my mother when I was a child and never saw John ever. Until now, hopefully. I’m moving back to New York after the townspeople raised enough money for me to fly here. See, backstory time:

When I was born, I lived in New York City, it’s my hometown, I grew up going to a nice expensive school, only because I was smart. I never had enough money to afford any of that. I was constantly bullied for being smart and poorer than the other kids. When I was 8 I moved to Nevis to live with my mother… she died 4 years later. Then, a hurricane came and swept away all of my hope. So I wrote. Just in case someone found it, just in case my legacy was stolen away like my hope before it, just in case someone was there. Then my neighbors and whoever was left found it. They found everything, they found every paper I wrote. My father moved to Nevis after he found out my mother died. He was going to organize the funeral and then he found out what I wrote. He published it to embarrass me. He thought I was a disgrace, I identified as female at the time and was slowly transitioning. I remember the exact words he said to me: “you fag, don’t come back to me or your brother”. However, after he published it people started reading it, some of those people had connections and they got me a scholarship to Kings College. They raised enough money for me to go back to New York and now I’m here.

    “I’m finally here” I muttered to myself so that no one listening could here. I was in fact there. The place that my fellow community members worked their butts off to get me into. I was actually there. I had dreamed of going to an Ivy League school and now I’m here and I can’t wait. Then a peculiar thought crossed my mind. If I see John, what is he going to think of me? I haven’t seen him since grade school, and back then I was female. He’ll hate me, for what I’ve become. He’ll call me a fag, disgrace, all things my father called me and more. Well shit.

John’s POV
“DAD, FRANCES I’M LEAVING” I yell at the bottom of my stairs.

“WAIT FOR ME” Frances yells as she runs down the stairs, thank god she doesn’t have socks on. My dad comes shortly after. We all exchanged hugs and then my dad drives me to the airport.

“So, Johnny…” my father says, his voice changing from uplifting to stern.

“Yes… sir” I mumble, barely being audible but not wanting him to repeat himself.

“If there are any boys you seem to take interest in, tell me first, always,” he says, his voice calming down. I can hear Frances chuckling in the back seat so I push her.

“HEYYYYY” she yells.  I roll my eyes at both of them as we approach the airport. After Alex left we moved to South Carolina, home to all of the Republicans and homophobes.

After my dad us off I check my Snapchat to see Herc and Lafayette kissing, Peggy talking about how lonely she is, and Burr holding hands with Theo. They’re all so cute. Frances is on her Snapchat as well and she’s taking notice to a certain someone’s picture.

“Is that your boyfriend?” I coo at her. She re-enacts the push I gave her moments ago and rolls her eyes

“Noooo, he likes guys,” she says while frowning.

“It’ll be okay, maybe there are some girls you’ll like, like Theo” I reply, knowing she’s pan.

“Eh, she’s alright, but Phillip Hamilton is a goddess among-”

“Did you just say HAMILTON?” I say cutting her off.

“He’s not related to Alexandra in any way” she replied calmly, I calm down afterward and we both ended up falling asleep.

<29 minutes later>

Frances and I woke up to the sound of someone speaking on an intercom.

“Plane 39, Gate 43 Boarding State: Now” the intercom person states.

“That’s us right?” Frances says rubbing her eyes.

“Yea, let’s go,” I say after we get our suitcases and go.

Frances’s POV
Stupid John Laurens fell asleep on my shoulder. I pull out his phone and type in his password

T u rt l es. Done. I know it because well everyone knows it. I start filming him on me as he always says he doesn’t snore. So the group and I always try to catch him snoring. I’m so close to posting it when…

“Delete it,” John says immediately waking up from his slumber. I quickly delete the video in fear and wait for the plane to land. I and three of my other friends got accepted into Kings College and so did my big brother, John, so I get the pleasure of flying with him.

Herc’s POV
I wait curiously for my new roommate to come when I hear the door handle turn. I get a good look at my roommate because something tells me I won’t get another. He has dark brown hair, about shoulder-length, a short, skinny frame and nothing too defining. I mean dark brown eyes, but like no glasses, or freckles, or really anything. Except for the tattoo on his left hand, it says James. So he likes guys and is taken assuming James is male.

“Uh hey dude,” I say to him, trying to make conversation

“Alexandra- I mean Alexander Hamilton at your service,” he says gleaming, he seems happy, but not true happiness.

“Transitioning?” I question as my good friend always made that mistake.

“Yeah, how’d you know” he questions back

“A good friend of mine made that mistake a lot, you might meet him one day” I answered

John’s POV
I drop Frances off at her dorm, say hi to Theo her dormmate, and walk down to my dorm. It looks nice in the inside, I continue to walk around it and come up to one of the rooms. I see a familiar face jamming out to some La Femme.

“LAFAYETTE” I scream making him jump

“I’M PEGGING THIS HORSE BY THE REINS MAKING REDCOATS REDDER WITH BLOODSTAINS” he half-raps half-yells

“What?” I ask confused

“What?” he responded
I shrug the weird scenario off and unpack my things as I acknowledge the old friend of mine.

“You’re such a weirdo,” I say, smiling as I hug him

“Goofball” he responds, the old nickname of mine catching his tongue for a loop making half of it in French. I took French in high school so I’m okay.

After I get finished packing we meet up with Hercules and his new roommate.

Word Count: 1,222 Welp Shit