Arc 2-6: My Handsome King

CHAPTER 6: INTENSE EYE CONTACT

Zia takes a sip of her water, looking away from the general for but a second.

However when she looks back, she realises he was gone.

Wait what!?

Gone!

How!?

Zia was immediately alarmed. She stands up without thinking.

Luckily for her, the music had started, and the respective couples were taking the stage.

She was easily able to blend into the crowd, and find the exit to the hall.

Just where did that general go?

The hallway leading out of the grand hall was just as glamorous as one would think.

The large thick columns, were a pale gold, swirling all the way up to support the roof.

The floor was a shiny polished golden marble. Zia could see her reflection in it if she really wanted to.

Just as Zia was stepping away, a sudden hand clamped down on her mouth, dragging her by her shoulders behind one of the thick columns.

She was slammed up against the wall, as a strong body towered over her. Pressing against her.

She could feel his body heat permeate through their clothing. It shocked her for a moment as no one has ever held her so close like this. It was a strange sensation. Touching another human being, that is.

Looking into those brown eyes, she could see herself reflected within them.

The eyes themselves were almond shaped, perfectly framed by long lashes. His face didn't convey any emotion, however deep within his brown orbs Zia could see,

He was being cautious.

"Who are you? Why do you keep staring at me? What do you want?" His husky voice brushed against her ear, making her shiver in delight.

Oh so he did notice her.

His black hair fell into his eyes with his movement.

Zia was restrained, however she knew she could break out, if she really wanted to.

Unfortunately she didn't.

The general slowly lowers the hand on her mouth to allow her to speak.

A sly smile hung on her ruby red lips. Her Phoenix eyes shined with intelligence as she looked straight into his gaze.

Both were sizing the other up.

Finally Zia spoke up. "If I told you I knew the future, would you believe me?"

General Elil raised a brow in disbelief. He was curious of what this woman was trying to get at.

Zia's smile deepens at his reaction, as she goes on to say, "I can prove it."