Arc 8-4: Repent Overseer, Repent.

CHAPTER 4: Curse Thee

Standing on the ship's deck were 5 familiar figures.

The 5 children from the Kingly world. They were her right side men once.

She killed them during her rage.

They treated her with sincerity, but this was how she repaid them.

She won't forget the blood on her hands.

How she smashed the twins brains into smithereens.

Their despair.

The texture.

The smell.

Or how she killed the loyal and protective Drew.

Or how easily Noah despaired.

Nor how she snapped the fragile Ava in two.

She remembered the sound of their bones cracking so easily.

The sensation made her nauseous.

She looks up at them almost frightfully, as she saw their empty gazes.

Drew took a step towards her, causing the Overseer to cringe.

He gave her a helpless look. "Why..." He croaks. "Why did you kill us Zia?"

The Overseer bites her lip from shame. She was shaken up seeing them again.

Drew became angry at her silence, aggressively approaching her. "We were going to travel the world together!!! We were going to see the sea and mountains! Why did you betray us? Why!!"

"Drew, calm down." Noah softly says. He places a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder.

Drew shrugs his hold off, breathing roughly.

Noah gives the Overseer a deep penetrating look. "You... Are cruel. "

Panic overtakes the Overseer's face. She takes a step forward with desperation. "N-No, no i-"

"Aaaaah!" The twins shriek as she had come closer, hiding behind Ava's gentle figure, trembling.

The Overseer's eyes widen with disbelief.

She... was scary to them?

Of course she would be.

Tears started to emerge as she stops her advance.

There was nothing more she wanted than to see their smiles again, to feel that warmth again.

Drew becomes angry once more. "Don't cry! You don't have the right to cry, Zia!" His tone was harsh, his expression rabbid. If he could, he would kill her.

The Overseer listens to him, hurrying to wipe away her tears. "I..." Her lips tremble with trepidation. "I am sorry. I was wrong to kill you, and everyone. Even if I was angry, I should've controlled myself better. Please forgive me." She falls to her knees in a bow towards them.