Arc 5-4: My Love from Down Below!

CHAPTER 4: Failure? Not a Chance!

The next morning things seemed normal.

Shiro sends her a flirtatious wink, wrapping his arms around her waist with glee. "Morning. Sleep well, babe?" He rests his head against hers.

She wriggles in his embrace trying to reach for her plate of food. "Yes." However the bags under her eyes betrayed her.

He bites her earlobe. "I'm happy then"

She sighs.

This was her life now.

She quickly creates some space in between them, in case his hands decide to get naughty again.

Before she could reprimand him, her wrist phone rings.

It was the contact 'dad'.

Noir furrows her brows before answering. "Hello?"

An angry voice responds. "Noir!! Why didn't you go to the blind date yesterday!? I spent hours coercing his parents into letting him go, only to find out you stood him up!"

His voice was so loud that even Shiro could hear him. He smiles looking amused.

Noir wasn't happy, turning her back on him. "Sorry dad, I was bus-"

"No excuses!! You promised me you'd try! That's it, I'm cutting your allowance!"

"Wait dad! We can compromise!" The Overseer began to panic. Money is power, without it, how would she be able to pay off her private investigator, and complete her objective? "I'll ace my test coming up, graduate with flying colours and finally get a job!"

Her dad remained silent. His daughter would always promise him that she'd change and get good marks, and so usually he would yell at her. However this time she said she would get a job.

This made him pause. "Are you telling the truth? Will you really finally quit studying and get a job?"

"Yes!" Noir responds eagerly.

He sighs. "Fine. But if you don't uphold your promise this time I won't be able to hold your mother back anymore. She'll definitely marry you off, even if it's to a homeless man somewhere."

He hangs up.

Phew, it seems that's one hurdle cleared. And now onto the next.

The Overseer scrolls through her contacts, ringing the private investigator up. "Hey, it's Noir. How's things coming along?"

The man responds with a panicked voice. "This is crazy! You're crazy! I'll send you what I have but never come to me again. You'll get me killed!!"

The Overseer frowns as he hangs up.

What does he mean by killed?

That's not right...

The ml's secret background is noble and grand, but a little dangerous?