Arc 7-5: Yum, Brains!

CHAPTER 5: Traitor?

"Claire!! Are you okay!?" Cole's concerned voice echoes in the vicinity.

He hurries to dust away the rubble covering her.

Claire frowns.

He was the one shielding her during their fall.

Shouldn't he be more concerned for himself?

She could only watch as he frets about her. Concern was etched onto his face.

That's right...

Half of his heart adores her, right?

She slowly stands up, peering at her surroundings.

Looking up, she could see the hole they dropped down. Screams could still be heard.

The smell of burnt flesh was still prominent.

"We can't climb back out." Cole comments.

Claire nods giving him a deep look.

He frowns. "What's wrong?"

She suddenly approaches him. Her curly brown hair was messily sprawled on her back. She still had dust on her clothing. Her scent wafts into his nose, making his heart beat faster.

What was she going to do?

He watches with rapt attention as she lifts up her arm. Her brown eyes were dazzling with the bits of gold within them.

She suddenly spoke. "Were you injured?"

He froze, surprised that she was showing concern for someone not herself, or her previous female/male leads.

Seeing his blank look, she thought she had hit the nail on the head.

Within seconds she had lifted up his shirt. "Where, where? Where's the injury?" His pale abs came into view, as she spins him around, glancing at his back.

He hisses with pain. "Ugh, that part is tender." She couldn't see the mischievous look on his face.

She frowns, looking at his back muscles. They were a bit red.

She tentatively touches the arch of his back. "Is the pain here?" He stiffens as he feels her warm hand go up to his shoulder blades. "Or here?"

He couldn't help but whine. "It's everywhere. My back hurts alot from the fall!!"

Suddenly a cry penetrates the atmosphere. "Help!!"

Cole immediately got serious, rushing to the direction of the voice.

Claire was left standing with her arm raised. It took her a second to rush after him.

Together they discovered the dark hole they fell into was apart of an underground subway.

The train tracks ran far and wide.