Arc 3-5: Mr Sexy Vampire, Bite Me!

CHAPTER 5: Troubled

It's been a week since Cerberous had been locked up in the basement, and he has been obediently playing his character.

He was well behaved, being less of a headache than the Overseer had thought.

This was a relief to her. It seems she didn't have to worry about him causing her trouble, or interfering with what she was trying to accomplish.

Once more, like every night, she was down in the basement, being forced to talk to the hunter by Kevin.

"Let me go, please let me go. I only want to save Fiona!" Once again, the man was pleading for his release, as the real Cerberous would.

His eyes were desperate, his wrists red from being pulled at.

Amelia felt nothing, watching his little display.

However Kevin seemed to stiffen up every time. "Miss, perhaps befriending him would be easier if he sees you mean him no harm?"

Amelia was stone faced. "Be quiet."

"Sorry miss!" He looks down with embarrassment.

"Miss Amelia!" Cerberous calls for her attention. "Why am I down here? It's obvious that you don't want to kill me, or feast on my blood, as you would've done so already. So... Why am I here? What's the point?"

Kevin noticing Amelia's narrowed eyes hurries to answer for her. "You're here to test miss Amelia's social skills. She wishes to make friends."

Cerberous looked shocked, however Amelia was able to detect his amused sly smile. "A vampire... wishes to befriend humans?"

Kevin looks over to his miss, only see her being unresponsive today. And so he responds for her again. "Miss Amelia is a special case. On her territory humans and vampires co-exist peacefully. She's devised a system where both sides can be satisfied. So this practise isn't very unusual."

"I see." Cerberous frowns. "I can see Miss Amelia is a good person. So if I may be so presumptuous with you, and ask you, a vampire for a favour. Would you please consider saving my friend? At this point I have no hope left, if possible I don't mind being imprisoned here forever. I'll be your friend, just save her. Please save Fiona."

Kevin was startled by the human's pleading. The sincerity in his eyes stirred his heart. Before he could open his mouth to reply, Amelia spoke up.

"Kevin, go get me a blood bag. I'm thirsty."

There was a sudden tension in the air. Kevin wordlessly looks between the two people before slowly retreating to do as told.

Once he was gone Amelia smirks. "You're playing your character really well, huh."

Cerberous shrugs, looking carefree. "I am Cerberous afterall."

The Overseer narrows her eyes at him. "Tell me, what's your purpose of doing all this? Of trying to make me go save Fiona. To follow the world's plot."

"Hmmm, because that's the way this world works. You can't change the plot. If you do, the world will fail. Chaos will ensure. Basically.... little miss Overseer, no matter what you want to do. Even without my interference, you. Will. Fail."