Arc 2-8: My Handsome King

CHAPTER 8: Another Peaceful Day

3 months go by, and Zia was still the boss of the slums.

The other 5 children kept everything under check, even expanding their information network to other kingdoms.

Zia has instructed the general to not do anything rash.

In order for her to know the future, she can't allow any deviation to the world's plot.

That means preventing the whole fiasco in the first place is not on her list of priority.

What she'll need to do, is have a sure fire way of saving the doctor from that situation.

He'll be accused of poisoning the King.

If the future empress tries to save him, she'll only be dragged down.

Therefore the general and her have made a plan.

He'll be slowly replacing the palace guards with his own guards. To help keep watch of the imperial palace.

Then when the doctor is finally accused of treason, they'll reveal the real culprit, effectively clearing his name.

It's the perfect plan!

Zia was relaxing when suddenly Drew storms into her room. "Zia, Zia, come Quick!"

Zia immediately notices his alarm. "What's wrong? What's happened?"

She shoots off her seat like a rocket.

Drew races out of the room, leading her along the hallways. "It's something big! We're all in trouble!!"

Drew stops in front of double doors. Zia knew that behind these doors was the courtyard.

Drew gestures for her to go first.

Despite the lack of information, Zia was confident in her abilities.

Whatever problem it is, she knew she could handle it.

Without even bating an eye, Zia pushes the doors open.

However, what she saw wasn't what she was expecting.

"Surprise!!!"

The other 5 children leap at her, giving her a bone crushing hug.

"Congratulations Zia, this day two years ago is when we all met you!" They grin at her.

The Overseer was flabbergasted. If she didn't recognize their voices in time, she could've almost killed them!

Drew comes up from behind her, giving her a friendly tap. "Come on, what are you waiting for? We have cake!"

The twins scream in delight as they race towards the table with food. "Quick, Quick Zia! Make a wish so we can eat!!"

They looked at her with sparkling eyes.