Chapter 1. A New Friendship

You dazed out. You had no idea what you were thinking about. Fog seemed to prevent your mind from remembering anything. You have no memory of the last hour ago. Where were you? Your thoughts were interrupted by a funny joke your friend made.

    "That's hilarious!" You laughed loudly next to your best friend, Luigi. He blushed brightly and silently while joining in on your laughter. His ghost dog leapt up and barked as if he was saying 'pet me!' You gave in and hugged the little pupper, who was surprisingly soft for being a ghost. It was truely weird. You. somehow, still felt awkward around Luigi, despite meeting a few years ago.

     Ever since you were young, you were just some kid on the street searching for your next meal. People ignored you and passed you on the street, and your pleading signs. You couldn't survive like that so you had to do something drastic. You used to steal from men, women, and small children of all sums  of their money. It hurt badly, but you had to do what you needed to do to survive. One day, nearly two or three years ago, you robbed the person next to you. Your best friend. He, unlike the others, noticed.

    "Whoa, if you wanted some money you just had to ask. " He said. He out stretched a hand out to you to help you up, from your begging spot on the concrete. His eyes were bright and he radiated with human compassion. He was so nice despite you being theiving jerk, person to him.

      "Here." He handed you a few thousand coins, but that wasn't the end of his many acts of kindness. He offered to take you to lunch as well. He took you to a local pasta restaurant he knew well about. This made you feel even worse that he was doing all of this for a simple thief like you.

    You felt guilty for taking his time, even more than you had, when you attempted to steal from him. You ordered the cheapest thing you could find on the menu.

     "So, where are you from." He asked with genuine interest flowing through his bright blue eyes.

     "No where special." You mumbled. You tried to avert your gaze from him. You felt quite awkward around him, even the restaurant. Everything was so nice and clean while you yourself were sporting jeans so ripped that they were far beyond the line of fashionable and homeless. You wore a muddy black hoodie and your hair was full of tangles, but somehow he still saw a human in you. It was really hard not to feel awful around him.

     His likeness reaked love and compassion. Once the food came you felt so atrocious you started to sob quietly. Tears flowed down your face as you ate your spaghetti, your mind raving with memories you had rather forget. You wished so hard that you could make it up to him. He was about to take a bite when he notice you crying.

      " Whoa are you ok? Here."He said, holding out a handful of scrunched up napkins for you to use as tissues. You wiped your eyes, from tears.

      "I...never got to ask you what your name was... miss." He said with a slight stutter.

     "Its Y/N." You said sniffling and stuttering like a string of your delicious spaghetti.

     "Hey you don't need to cry. Do you have family or a place to stay?" The man said, striking two of your soft spots.

    "A long time ago a black and white person, killed my parents and..." you paused "burned down my home. I'm only here because of an angel, who I don't even know if they exist."

      " Here, I can let you stay with me until you are on your feet. If you would like. " He put his hand on mine.

    "That would be nice... but I can't... but may I at least have your name?" You asked. You knew you couldn't stay. with him. The guilt and the black and white fellow would kill you.

  "It's Luigi." He said