Chapter 8. A Missing Piece of His Soul

? ? ? ? ?'s point of view

I looked around in this strange room. I dashed quickly to the steel door to no avail. It had about 30 different locks keeping the door locked tight. It took a few minutes but I kept unlocking as many padlocks as I could. I unlocked most of them, but one of the one was a keypad.

"Why would someone lock the room from the inside." I thought. "Maybe it was to trap someone. Maybe it was to trap me? No they would still be in here with me. How did I get here?

I continued to think. It was like walking in circles, and the circles would go on and on forever. It was a simple decorated room. There was a desk with blueprints scattered all across it, a tall slender mirror, and again, the locked door. Who ever has me hostage is quite the genius. I went up to the mirror. There had to be a clue there, or at least it would be a start. I was wearing all black and I was wearing a green bandana around my neck. I had a few scratches on my face. My favorite hat's logo was sewn over with a backwards L and had a black circle. Below my hat, my hair was all messy. I looked like I had not slept in over a decade. My thoughts told me to figure out how to get out, while Its cold voice told me to stay down.

"Oh c'mon, just stay here. You are safe here." It said. It attempted to coax me into staying. I was so tempted. My thoughts fought with the dark ones. It felt as if two people were pulling me every which way. The whole ordeal caused me to have an awful migraine. Suddenly a clearness to my mind appeared, an idea come to mind throughout all of this. I focused. I thought the code to the door was (insert birthday here). I was slowly losing control over myself as I slowly entered the numbers. The door opened and I collapsed.

Mr. L's point of view

The beautiful Y/N looked down at me as I lied still on the soft carpet.

"Hey Il mio dolce fiore, what's up?" I asked staring at her face.

"Well from your point of view, me." She laughed slightly. "Anyways you look super tired, are you ok L?" She asked me, practically radiating with beauty.

"I'm fine my dear lovely rose. I'm just a wee bit tired." I said with a slight yawn.

"Well you were in there for a very long time. I practically 100 percented the entire game." She said.

"Oh my, how long was I in there for? " I asked. I looked at my watch. I was supposed to steal her a mushroom, but forgot.

"You were in there for a decent few hours." She replied, looking away from the clock.

"I guess I should make you something to eat. " I said as I got up. I rose from the floor and dusted myself off and quickly waltzed over to my pantry and looked in. There wasn't a lot of food for the both of us, so I simply grabbed what was left, as I went and walked towards the fridge. I had a meal plan at least. I was going to make spaghetti for the night. I pulled out plenty of pots and pans out and I threw on a spare apron and began to cook. Steam poured out of the pot as I cooked the noodles.

Y/N's point of view

As you watched him cook, he kept reminding you of Luigi. He would hum a simple but familiar tune as he went along. The entire time he was cooking his eyes seemed to be a shade of  grayish blue. As he finished cooking, he helped you over to your chair to eat. It was quite awkward just to sit there and eat, for neither of you muttered a word. We just sat there until You asked him a question.

"What were you doing in there?" You asked. He looked mildly surprised that You asked him that.

"Hmm... Well Ummm...I was... working on a...new robot." He stuttered. It was an obvious lie. He scratched the back of his neck nervously. It was a weird question but it should have taken mere seconds to answer. After dinner You got ready for bed He handed you a faded pair of green striped pajamas.

"L you really need to get some rest." You told him. You may have been afraid of him, but You couldn't just let him make himself crash from a lack of sleep. For once he agreed. He went to his room and locked himself in. You were all alone.