Chapter 6. A Truth Revealed

You sat up. "If only the mushroom shortage wasn't going on I could eat one and just leave this strange place. I can't just walk out and look for one though."

You snapped out of your thinking when you heard Mr. L stroll quickly down the hall. His steel toed boots clicked as he walked. He came into your room carrying a folded newspaper and a few other things.

"Its very good to see you're awake miss. Would you like something to eat?" He asked.

"I can easily whip up some (your fav. Breakfast food.)and some orange juice if you'd like." He said.

It was quite the tempting offer considering you haven't eaten anything for a while. He brought you a ds and some games to play while he cooked, but as he was giving the games to you his newspaper fell out of his arms and it showed a picture of him with the caption most wanted in the front. At the bottom, or at least what you could make out was a missing persons list with you and your best friend Luigi, at the top. What freaked you out, was finally realizing you were kidnapped with no possible way to escape. His fake persona of caring was stripped quickly away from him.

"T-thank you." At this point it was hard to keep your frightened stuttering to a minimum. He caught on, but just pretended to ignored it, as an attempt to keep everything as casual as possible. You played along with his obvious little charade, just to make sure that you were not put into any unseen dangers. He left the room soon after. A thought came to mind. If he saw that you were in a lot of pain, maybe he would get you a mushroom and then you could possibly escape.

You awkwardly played the ds while the smells of your next meal filled the small office room. You soon after saw him arrive in your room with a platter of (your fav. Breakfast food.)and some orange juice in a large slender glass. You sat there awkwardly as he took off his 'scary' apron off and hung it in his closet.

(A/N I thought this would be the most likely apron he would wear, but then again It's something I would buy.)

     He noticed your panic about the apron and tried to calm you down

He noticed your panic about the apron and tried to calm you down. He quickly muttered something in Italian, then looked over to you.

"Per favore non fatevi prendere dal panico, I didn't buy it. I got it as a silly white elephant gift. Its not what I would do." He said laughing slightly. His attempts to calm you down failed. It made you more panicked and extremely anxious. As he tried to calm you down his eyes flashed a vibrant blue, and his voice sounded completely different from his normal deep voice. Instead of sounding like a abnormally brave and cocky person who is not afraid of anything, it sounded like someone who was scared but still filled with courage and compassion. He sounded exactly like Luigi.