15

Touring since Andy left seemed to be more relaxing and lighthearted than before. Every night the band would gather in one of the buses and stay up late making jokes and playing games such as karaoke or board games to pass the time.

Everyone enjoyed the stays at the hotels. The beds were agreeably much more comfortable. Internally, Rosanna was still figuring out whether she still loved Andy or not but as to not concern anyone, especially herself, she kept quiet.

They were currently staying in a nice hotel in Seattle, the boys having just finished a show there. Alex was lying on his bed, exhausted and kicking off his shoes as Rosanna sat on one of the settees restringing and tuning Alex's acoustic guitar.

"I'm so fucking shattered," Alex groaned and ran his hands over his face. "Can't be arsed doing an interview tomorrow, fuck me."

Rosanna just chuckled and continued tuning the guitar.

"You have to come by the way," Alex continued. "Andrew said."

"No he didn't," Rosanna laughed.

"No, he didn't," Alex chuckled. "But I want ya to."

"Aren't you going with Matt?" Rosanna asked.

Alex shook his head. "This time it's just me. Not by choice."

Rosanna strummed her pick down the strings as one last check that they sounded all good and nodded her head. "All done," she said.

"Thanks love," Alex said from the bed. He just stared at the ceiling with increasingly heavy eyelids when he heard Rosanna begin to play a quiet tune on the guitar.

A smile crept onto his lips as he heard her begin to sing quietly and softly. Rosanna didn't like singing in public and always denied that she was a good singer.

Alex lifted his head up and looked over at her. She didn't seem to notice and continued to play and sing Leonard Cohen's "Chelsea Hotel #2".

"Liar,"Alex said smugly.

Rosanna stopped playing and looked over at him with a raised brow. "What?" Rosanna asked.

"Said you can't sing," Alex teased.

"God, shut up," Rosanna groaned and rested her head down on the guitar in embarrassment.

"What?" Alex chuckled. "You're always lying to everyone saying 'y can't sing for shit when you know you can."

"Alright, I'm going to bed now," Rosanna laughed awkwardly and put down the guitar.

"Wait no, keep playing," Alex said. "I didn't mean to throw you off."

Rosanna rolled her eyes at him and picked up the guitar again. "Better sing with me then."

Alex smiled, "Alright love." He pushed himself up off the bed and sat down beside her on the settee.

Rosanna began playing again and Alex joined her in singing softly.

"I remember you well, in the Chelsea Hotel.
You were talking so brave and so sweet
Giving me head on the unmade bed
While the limousines wait in the street."

"'Y wanna write a song?" Alex asked abruptly.

"Right now?" Rosanna asked.

"Why not?" Alex shrugged.

Rosanna chuckled, "alright."

Falling asleep at around three in the morning. The both of them stayed up writing and rewriting a song, adding chords to it and a melody. They didn't name it, didn't plan on publishing it but instead decided to keep it as just one of those songs they could pull out whenever they felt like it.