50

"Wish me luck."

  "You don't need it," Rosanna smiled and kissed Alex's cheek softly as he walked up the stairs leading to the stage. The roar of the crowd behind him almost drowning out their voices as they spoke to each other.

  Alex took a moment just to appreciate Rosanna's face in the dim light before he headed up on stage. He felt like he didn't tell her how beautiful she was enough so used that moment to remind her how gorgeous she was.

  "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in me whole life," he said to her but she could barely hear him.

  "What?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows and leaning closer to him so she could hear him over the cheering.

  "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in me whole life," he repeated. This time she heard him and her lips broke into a bashful smile.

  "Shut up," she blushed. She always felt like the entire universe when Alex told her she was beautiful. The way he said it was something she just couldn't put into words. When he complimented her it made any other compliment she could ever get seem so minimal. He knew the directions into her heart.

  "I'm serious," Alex smiled and placed a hand on her cheek, knowing he had to be quick because he was already meant to be on stage. "You look like the first day of spring after the worst winter," he said.

  Rosanna blushed and kissed him instead of dodging his comment. "Stop making me blush and get on stage," she giggled against his lips.

  "Only for you," he smiled and kissed her one last time. "I love you."

  Rosanna smiled and smoothed back his hair — it had grown over the past months, it was now early August, the quiff had long grown out so now Alex combed his hair slick back and every so often a few locks would fall loose for Rosanna to fix. She liked to jokingly tease him by calling him 'Dracula'.

  "I love you too," Rosanna smiled and watched him jog up on stage. Every time she watched him take those first steps onto their stage and the following eruption of cheers from the audience, she got sentimental. She'd always flash back to the first time she stood on the side and watched him walk onto that small stage at The Grapes in little old Sheffield. Now seeing where they were, mid-way through their biggest tour so far for their fifth studio album, performing internationally to thousands of people. It blew her mind.

  She stood in the wings watching the guys perform the second of two Canadian shows when she felt a buzz in her back pocket. She stepped down and walked back to backstage and excused herself to Alex's dressing room so that she could drown out the sounds of the music onstage. Pulling out her phone she quickly placed it to her ear before the call could time out.

  "Hello?" she asked, covering her other ear so she could properly hear whoever was on the other end. It was just a number when she looked at who was calling so was curious as to who it was.

  "Hi is this Miss Rosanna Barnes-Carter?" a sophisticated-sounding voice spoke.

  "Um yes," Rosanna said.

  "Do you own a house in the hills in Los Angeles?" the man asked.

  "Yes...?"

  "Alright. We tried getting ahold of Mr Turner but were unable to," the man on the other end spoke.

  "What is it?" Rosanna asked, growing in concern.

  "An alarm has been set off at your residence and we were just calling to notify you," the man said, "are you nearby?"