22

Rosanna waited impatiently with her phone in her hands. She was standing on the curb of an empty road. Behind her was a secured car park and a studio management building. The band was due back any minute. Her legs jittered in excitement and she had to chew on her cheek to stop a stupid smile from creeping onto her face.

  Alex had just messaged her telling her he was less than five minutes away.

  She felt her stomach bubbling like a potion. She was so excited yet nervous to see Alex again. She hadn't seen him in person since they parted ways three weeks prior nor had she seen him since she realised she had feelings for him. Rosanna had been talking to Matt back and forth since she admitted herself to him. He helped her talk through her feelings even though he was being torn to shreds hearing both Alex and Rosanna go on and on about each other and not being able to tell the other.

  "You're killing me Rosanna," he would say. "Why dont you just tell him?"

  "Because it would ruin everything," she said. "And I can't afford to do that."

  The anticipation was deadly. She kept looking down both ends of the street imagining a line of black busses making their way over but they never were there. Not until she was about to call one of them and ask them where they were. She stepped off the road as the busses slowed down in front of her. Her dark eyes flicking from bus to bus waiting for someone to exit.

  The windows were tinted so she couldn't see in but knew they could see her. She couldn't stop the smile from her lips as she waited for the first bus door to open. First, their manager Andrew stepped out and saw Rosanna's hopeful expression. He was quite fond of her and found it sweet that she was waiting for them to arrive back.

  "They're in the one behind us," Andrew smiled.

  Rosanna's attention immediately turned to the second bus and watched the door open. The first person to walk out? Exactly who she had been waiting for.

  His hair wasn't gelled back like it would now frequent. It was left untouched and fluffy on the top of his head as a very unkempt quiff in comparison to his usual slicked back style. He had his dark aviator shades on and was carrying a guitar case with him. Dropping it immediately, Alex started toward Rosanna the second he spotted her but she was already onto him.

  With an excited squeal, Rosanna leapt onto Alex, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He wrapped his arms tightly around her torso and held her close, breathing in her scent. He missed her so much and had been waiting for this moment since they day she said goodbye.

  They didn't really say anything but held onto each other tightly. Sort of swaying side to side. Rosanna tried not to let any tears of joy fall but failed quite quickly.

  Matt exited the bus and immediately, his eyes caught sight of Rosanna and Alex's embrace. He smiled at them and left them alone, going to help with unloading their luggage.

  "I missed you so much," Rosanna finally said and removed her legs from around him, lowering herself back on the ground.

Alex pulled back to look at her and immediately fell back in love with her. He just wanted to kiss her in that moment but knew her heart wasn't his to have.

"I missed you too," Alex said. "You've no idea how hard it was to go round and not get teased daily."

"Don't worry I've got a lot of aces up my sleeve," Rosanna said cheekily and turned to Matt. She gave him a tight, long hug and reminded him that she missed him too.

Helping the boys pack their things into their individual cars, Rosanna let them all know they were welcome for drinks at her house after they'd gone home and rested a while. All taking up her offer without a second thought, they all travelled back to their places in their respective cars.