47

"Thank you so much for having us Mexico! But before we leave I've got one last question for ya...are you mine mother fucker?"

  It had been just over a month since the Monkeys released their highly anticipated album 'AM' and they were already on tour after popular demand. It was their most widely recognised album they'd ever produced. They'd never felt so in demand. Especially in the United States.

  Life got pretty hectic. When the guys weren't getting ready for shows they were being roped off into other interviews. Everyone wanted a piece of them. At first, Alex highly disliked all the sudden attention and popularity. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he hated his band mates being left out of things because people thought they were less important. To overcome this sour taste in his mouth, he decided to take the piss out of every interview possible that he wasn't with at least one other band member in. It formed him a name. People thought he was a bit of an 'I'm too cool' asshole. He did pose like one in all their photo shoots to be fair. Rosanna had told him to use his sex appeal, Alex had never thought of photoshoots like that before. And suddenly, everyone was in love with the Arctic Monkeys frontman.

  There hadn't been any problems between the two since Alex screwed up months prior. There hadn't so much as been a bitter expression shared between them. He hadn't let himself drink so much that he didn't have any control over himself.

  The Monkeys' touring company had already told the guys that they expected this to be their longest tour yet seeing as how many people across the world now wanted to see them. Andrew and the touring company were already planning deep into the next year, booking them into different festivals and such. Alex forgot what it was like to live the fast life.

  Rosanna had been getting quite a bit of attention as well. She didn't really know what to do with it. There was always a handful of reporters asking her questions about the album hoping she'd spill a few secrets. They all wanted to get Alex Turner's girlfriend's perspective on things since he referred to her so openly and frequently. She'd even been stopped a few times in the street for her photos with people. Rosanna thought this was odd because she really couldn't find a reason as to why anyone would care about having a photo with her. Especially when Alex wasn't around.

  What she was most glad about though, was that no one seemed to scrutinise her and Alex's relationship. Everyone just accepted them and left them be.

  Alex would always say how he hated that people referred to her as "Alex Turner's girlfriend." Saying: "if anything they should be saying Rosanna Barnes-Carter's boyfriend to me. I'm jack shit without you."

  The tour got a little bit in the way of Matt's engagement in the sense that he and Breana weren't able to set a date for a wedding until they knew when the guys would be finished touring. Breana was supportive as ever. Travelling with them to as many shows as she could.

Due to how busy the boys were getting, Andrew had Rosanna help out with all the stage and set management meaning she would frequently be running around with a clipboard, kissing Alex's cheek every time she passed him. She never realised how stressful that job was.

The Mexico City crowd was gigantic and cheered and screamed through the entire set. Alex had that beaming, starstuck smile on his cheeks when he walked off the stage. The cause of it being Rosanna waiting for him in the wings. He greeted her with wide outstretched arms and pulled her tight to him, kissing her hard.

  "God you're so sweaty," Rosanna remarked as she pulled back from him. His white button up shirt was sticking to him in a few places.

  "Probably need a shower," Alex said.

  "Definitely, you stink," Rosanna smiled and kissed his cheek. Grabbing his hand they headed downstairs to the backstage lounge. Rosanna would always tease Alex saying it was hard sometimes dating a star because she had to share him with everybody seeing as he'd become quite the teenage heartthrob. Alex would always laugh and tell her he didn't belong to anyone else but her.