30

Everyone was up bright and early to catch their flights to Australia. Crowding in a quiet airport at five in the morning, all groggy eyed and barely pleased to be there. Alex had his classic dark shades on to hide his bloodshot and drowsy eyes. Rosanna had to physically pull him out of their bed and almost carry him downstairs to get to the cars on time. He "had one hell of a hangover" as he would put it and spent the majority of the time in the airport sleeping on the provided seats or being pushed around on a trolley by Rosanna. He was out like a light the second they boarded the plane and slept for a fair while until they all had to get back up and change to their connecting flight.

They had two hours to kill before their next flight and spent it shopping at the duty-free stores and gathering for refreshments. Alex scarfed down a large black coffee to wake himself up whilst everyone around him simply dipped their drinks.

"Have a good sleep?" Rosanna asked, knocking her knee on Alex's.

He smiled and brushed her hair from her face, "weren't too bad, me heads still killing me though."

"I'll buy you some aspirin," Rosanna said and stood up.

Alex smiled softly at her and quickly grabbed her hand, "thanks love."

Rosanna smiled and bent down to kiss him softly, "drink some water, I'll be back soon."

"You complete me!" Alex called as she walked off making the both of them smile as she disappeared down the airport in search of a pharmacy.

By the time they'd boarded their second plane, Alex's headache had died down and everyone prepared themselves for a long night. The sun was setting and all of them were excited to sleep to say the least, all knowing the jet lag they would have in Australia would be awful. Luckily, the touring company had booked everyone first class seats in which they would be able to recline them into beds. Alex and Rosanna had separate seats, meaning separate beds, but still decided to squish into the one, pretty much lying on top of each other as they shared earphones and watched one of the plane-provided movies.

Alex had Rosanna in his arms, lying on his chest, almost fast asleep as the credits rolled on screen. He smiled down at her sleeping figure and carefully removed the earphones from both their ears. He moved gently to make himself comfortable and hugged Rosanna to his chest as she slept slightly, one of her legs wrapping around him. He kissed her forehead softly and lay his head down next to hers.

One of them must have forgotten to close the plane window as the striking rays of the rising sun woke them up as soon as it broke the surface.

"Fuck me," Alex groaned, rubbing his eyes and pulling the covers up over his head. Rosanna stirred next to him and squinted in the yellow light. Her back ached, putting her in a very unproductive mood. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and ran her fingers through her hair. As annoying as the sunlight was, she couldn't find it within her to close it and so, left it open.

"Babe, can you shut the window?" Alex mumbled, still under the covers as if the light was burning his skin.

Rosanna rubbed her eyes and tried to make sense of what Alex had said in her slightly incognisant state of mind.

"Babe?" Alex groaned. She forgot to respond. "Rosanna?"

"Hmm?" She hummed and looked down at the lump in the sheets.

"Can you shut the window please?" He asked in a hoarse, exhausted voice.

"Why? It's pretty," Rosanna teased, a sleepy smile crawling onto her lips.

"It's blinding."

"You haven't seen it you mole, you have to get up sometime," Rosanna said and peeled back the covers. Alex groaned and squinted.