CHAPTER 9

[LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING MELANIE'S POV]

Melanie's POV 💕

AJ and Lala were talking about something I didn't want to butt into. I, on the other hand, looked so shocked. Well. Yeah, shocked is the word for how I feel right now.

The house is huge. Beautiful is just a small word and I'm so confused that in don't know the word for this place. Who did she say owns the house again?
Oh, right. Her cousin who had just returned from Canada and was simply celebrating the house her parents had given her. It wasn't really a house warming party. But according to AJ, her cousin wanted to make it that way.

AJ smiled at me, staring at the mansion.

"What's the name of the lady who owns this place again?"
I asked.
AJ laughed.

"Her name is Ivie."
AJ said.

Okay, that sounds like Edo. I know, AJ's family are from Edo tribe but they just don't act like it.
What am I saying? They don't look like it at all.

"What does Ivie mean?"
I asked. My curiosity was piqued.

AJ shrugged. "No idea. I don't really know how to speak that language. We were brought up in Canada and my parents didn't speak our language much."

"It means precious."
Lala said and shrugged.
Right. I forgot that she's Esán.

I nodded. "So, what is yours?"
I asked AJ. She laughed.

"I honestly don't know use that name much. People know me as Annie Jane and I love it that way.
It's Adesuwa. Means in the midst of prosperity."
AJ said. I nodded. That suits her though.

We walked into the house at the welcome of the house butler who looked older and smiled at us. As soon as I got into the house, I could notice eyes on me immediately.
No kidding.
There was a soft music playing somewhere and I knew that as Titanium.

We followed AJ over to greet someone. A guy, actually. And he looked as hot as the rest of the Jacobs. Okay, don't ask me because I don't even know them.

"These are my friends, Layette Adams and Melanie Okoye."
AJ said, smiling. "This is BarryLyn Osagie. A friend of mine and my brothers."
AJ said and linked her arms with Barry.

I nodded, not only because I heard her but because I understood her definition of friend. I wonder what her brothers will do to this guy if they found out about it. That's if they don't know about it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, ladies."
Barry said, extended his hands and we both took it.
He turned to AJ. "Have you seen Tammy? She just arrived dew minutes ago."

AJ looked excited. "Oh my God. She didn't tell me she was coming back. Where is she?"

Barry chuckled. "Upstairs with Ivy."
AJ excused herself with a smile and telling us to feel comfortable, she hurried up the stairs with Barry laughing and running after her. She's clearly excited.

Lala and I looked around and smiled at the passing waiter who offered us a glass of wine.

I looked around form the spot I was standing and studied everyone there. Lala said she would be right back and only God knows where she was going this time.