CHAPTER 34

Melanie's POV❤

My life is over.

I felt like I was still in a dream. Something is wrong. Or maybe my hearing ability just deteriorated.

I looked around the room for help. No one was talking. Lala couldn't possibly help me, because she was as shocked and confused as I am.

Suddenly I felt dizzy. I reared back but Lucas caught me. I wasn't feeling anything right now.

I walked up to Derrick and looked him in the eyes, trying to figure him out.

Is this some kind of joke?

If only he could read my mind now and answer me, because I can't find my words.

"Melanie, please don't let what Jenna said get your dander up. We can explain, if only you can calm down..."

I wasn't hearing anymore of what Mayor was saying anymore. My emotions were in all directions. Suddenly, I was screaming like a banshee.

I screamed so loud that my lungs were about to fail me.

I crumbled to the floor but a hand caught me. When I looked up, I met the sorry gaze of Derrick.

"How could you?"
I whispered. All I could do was whisper. "Why would you do me like this?!"
I snapped.

"Calm down, Mel..."

"Let go off me!"
I pushed away from him, stood up and reared back, looking at all of them. AJ lowered her gaze and was staring at her polished nails.

"Why would you..."

"It was a mistake. It wasn't supposed to happen to you..."
Derrick said. "I'm sorry, Mel. I have tried to tell you and let you know but...I couldn't."

I can't believe that I loved this man. I can't believe that I have been sleeping with my rapist. I can't believe that I have given myself to the same man who cause me pain over and over again.

"I slept with you. I fucking slept with you!  What were you trying to achieve. Use me again?"

Derrick shook his head. "No. It was a stupid game and it was a mistake. It wasn't supposed to be you, Melanie. I swear, I searched for you for years. I wanted to make amends, but..."

"I hate you." I said to him. Right now, I can't explain my hatred for him. "I hate you so much!"
I could only hear my own cries. It was the same with Ten years ago.

"Please." Derrick said, holding me so close to himself. "Please, don't push me away, Melanie. I'm sorry."
He said.

"Let me go!"
I pushed at his chest and struggled. When he finally let me go, I let myself crumble to the floor, wailing. I looked up at him again.
"How could you?"
I whispered.

Derrick shook his head about to say something, but turned around instead and raked his fingers through his hair.

"He wasn't the only one." Mayor said.

Derrick looked at them in shock. I was more shocked.

"He wasn't the only one, Melanie."
Jamal spoke.

I remembered what happened. I tried to forget but I couldn't. I couldn't forget it.

Oh my God. One of them is TJ's father!

Uncontrollable tears rolled down my eyes. I was no longer seeing him as the love of my life. He had suddenly grown the tag on his forehead that says 'rapist' . All of them.