CHAPTER 57

Song for this chapter:
                             In My Head
                                     By
     Larry Gaga Ft. Patoranking

Melanie's POV

I stepped out of the car and looked around the park while Derrick was talking to TJ about the first day he went to an amusement park with his father, may his soul rest in peace.

But all along, my head could get off the image of him thrusting in and out of me in his car just few feet away that night.

How could I forget that. Every time I came here, that's the first thing that comes to my mind.

I sigh at my miserable life right now. As I felt Derrick beside me.
"Are you ready?"
He said to me.

I looked up at him and then at TJ who was smiling mischievously.

"Ready for what?"
I asked and blinked at both of them.

Derrick raised an eyebrow at me and looked at me like he couldn't recognise me.

"Oh! You guys go ahead. I will be right here, waiting patiently for you to get done."
I said and nodded at them, hoping that I sounded convincing enough.

I swallowed hard, ignoring the thudding sound of my heart and praying that Derrick doesn't see through this façade.

"You aren't scared of this, are you?*
He asked me.

I looked up at him like an idiot. I seriously don't know, for the life of me, why TJ would decide that the Jacobs' amusement park was the only place he would go today. And to think of how large and scary looking their Ferris wheel looked. Not to think of their Shoot the Chute.

"Um. . .No, I'm not. Why will I be scared?"
I asked with a raised eyebrow and my hands on my hips like a school teacher.

He nodded. "Okay, then what will you like to go with, TJ?"

TJ grinned at me and looked at his father. "Ferris wheel."

"What?! That is too dangerous for you, TJ and your doctor said no stressful activities."

My heart was pounding and I felt like I was about to throw up, but it better not be my heart.

Derrick laughed when he looked at me. He was obviously enjoying himself. He stepped forward and took my hands in his, rubbing his thumb at the back of my palms as his eyes held my gaze. "Calm down, Mel. It will be fun, trust me."

I shook my head as if to say something.

"But. . ."

"Come on, you'll love it. I'm serious and I'll he holding you, so it is no big deal."

Why do I feel like I'm the little child and TJ and Derrick are both my parents? They simply encouraged me all the way to the Ferris wheel.

We were all strapped up and before I could protest, the huge spiral thing came to life.

I knew I screamed out loud and almost strained my vocal cords, but all TJ did was scream this is awesome!! and laugh like a scary character in a horror movie.

Derrick on the other hand, wrapped his arms around me all the way though the ride, grinning at me with amusement and I swear I was too busy,  making sure my heart didn't pop out of my chest, to be  embarrassed.

I will kill TJ when all this is over!

I assured myself while the whole thing went on. When it seemed like the thing would throw us all out of the seat, I couldn't help but hold unto Derrick's shirt almost rumpling his outfit. And the truth is; I didn't give two fucks!