CHAPTER 64

Jenna's POV

I love you, Jenna. The words actually woke me up.

I blinked my eyes open and carefully took in my surrounding. It was a familiar bedroom. The fact that I tend to wake up in strange bedrooms whenever I'm drunk, wasn't a new thing to me anymore. But the fact that this was very familiar, was.

I sat up, cradling my head in my hands. Okay,, I made a mental note to take painkillers along with me when I plan to get drunk.

Then, I paused when the bedspread fell off my chest and I realised that I was butt ass naked.

I stared into space, trying to analyse what actually happened with me last night.

Flashes of how I had lured Heart into sleeping with me cane flooding into my head. And for the first time, I felt really embarrassed about that. I looked around; he wasn't there.

Right on cue, the door opened slowly and in came the sight of a tray, then a body.
Heart looked up from the tray filled with breakfast and smiled at me.

"You're awake. I was actually thinking of how rude it would seem to wake you up from such peaceful slumber."
He smirked and set the tray on the bed beside me.

I said nothing. Not a greeting. Nothing. He didn't seem to notice because he turned around to get a tablet of painkiller from the drawer beside the bed.

"Good morning. Sleep well?"

"Yeah. I did."
I said, hoping he wouldn't bring up anything about last night. I drew the tray to myself and opened the hidden secret between plates as the fresh smell of breakfast made my stomach turn in a delightful way.

He smiled. "Bon A petit."
He said to me.

I love you, Jenna. The words came in again. And when he spoke, I was able to link the words to his voice.

What the. . .

I looked up at him.

"Look, about last night. . ."

"Was a mistake." I completed.

He looked up at me with a confused frown. "What?"

"Last night was a huge mistake, Heart. A mistake which shouldn't have happened, but as it was, both of us needed the exercise. So, right now. . ."

"Wait. Hold on."
He cut in and sat back to look at me. "Exercise? That's what you call last night? An exercise?"

"What else would you call it, Heart? A tangle? Pocket full of fun? I would pick the latter. It was fun while it lasted but right now, I think we should make it clear. Nothing happened last night."

He scoffed. "Really. I hope you believe that after screaming my name for a release. I hope you believe that nothing happened. Because I won't."

"Oh, great. Then, suit yourself." I pushed the tray off me. I already filled my stomach with anger and no amount of food would relieve me right now. I made my way to the floor where I believed my clothes were scattered from last night's sex.

"Jenna, wait."
He said. I pretended not to hear him and made for my bra hanging on the sofa. I'm sure he put it there. My clothes were just beside it.

"Jenna, listen to me."
He pulled me to look at him. I tried not to stare at his eyes else I would see the pain I just caused. But if I don't, then he won't understand that I don't want him.

Not now.

"What?"

"Last night meant something. And you know it."