CHAPTER 37

Melanie's POV

"Aren't you going home? You don't seem like it."
I stopped on my tracks and turned around. Tammy was smiling at me, leaning against her car.

One thought was to turn around and walk away. But I wasn't having issues with her but the Jacob brothers.

Or am I?

"Hello, Mel. How have you been?"

I shrugged and looked around. I sighed. Story of my life. It appeared that students were already watching as they passed by. Tammy wasn't dressing to kill, but her outfit was what anyone would call outrageous.

"Haven't seen or heard from you in a while. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"Can I talk to you? We can-" she looked around the school as if searching for a something or someone. "- go somewhere private and talk. Okay?"

One thing I was thinking about was how Tammy would he the one talking to me right now. She never talks to me on her freewill, unless I start the talking.

And that gets me thinking that maybe they sent her. Can't tell what those people can and can't do.

She must have sensed my suspicion because she laughed. "Oh, no. I'm not. . . they didn't send me. I came so I can talk to you."

I stared at her. "Okay."

~•°•~

I found myself sitting with her at a bar of a very expensive hotel. She had simply chosen this place because it was private and won't have people eavesdropping.

She smiled at me at first when her order was brought to her and I had declined taking anything. Honestly, I was still deciding if to trust these people or not.

"Um, how have you been holding up?"
She asked.

I shrugged. "Good. Easily."
I lied. It hadn't been anything close to easy at all.

She nodded. "I wanted to thank you personally. I just had to wait for you at the school. AJ told me the schedule for today and I waited."

Right. AJ. Another person I have to talk to. She has been on my neck to talk to me since that incidence.

"I got back with Lucas, Melanie."
Tammy said, smiling.

That was worth smiling for and I broke into a smile. "Oh, my God. You did? That's awesome."
I said genuinely.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It hasn't been easy for us these past few weeks, but we've been able to pull through with my. . . problem. He suggested a regular appointment with a psychologist and he has been attending those sessions with me."

"Awwn. That's so sweet." I said and laughed. "One thing I know is that Lucas is a wonderful guy. He's just a lonely kid, that's why he went astray like that. But he's wonderful."

"Yeah, you can say that again."

I smiled.

She leaned for ward and took my hands in hers. "He didn't want me to come tell you this because of what happened. But I couldn't hold it in. I had to come. Although he will kill me if he got the idea that I came and did it without him."

I nodded, made a zipping sound on my lips and threw away the key. She laughed. "I'll act as surprised as I can when he tells me, I promise."

She nodded, smiling ear to ear. "Well, I didn't just come here for this also. I came to thank you."