CHAPTER 59

Melanie's POV

I stepped into the room and it was rather quiet. Like there was no one there.

Am I being played? Isn't Jenna here?
I thought to myself. Jenna wasn't the kind to pull back and so I proceeded into the room. There she was, at the far end, closed to the window, looking out to the city's traffic.

She glanced behind her briefly and then back to the view outside.

"You're late."
She said curtly, without looking back at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed at her. "Sorry. I had to make sure Derrick came for TJ so they can go to the doctor."

She was silent.

"How is he? TJ?"

I swear, I didn't expect that from someone like Jenna. Especially when she caused my son's condition now.

For a brief second, I didn't know what to say. And she glanced at me again, then shook her head. I knew she was about to spoil this moment.
"Forget it."
She said.

Right. Moment is ruined.
I walked up to her at the window and she didn't move.
"You don't have to feel uncomfortable asking about him, Jenna. I'm sure, TJ will love to know more about you."

"I don't want him to know about me. I suck for an aunt."

"No,. . ."

"Did you come here to give me pity advice or did you come here to get me arrested for what I did. Make it quick and stop trying to act like you care more than the virgin Mary."
She said, without blinking and I was half thinking how she could cook up an insult in a split second without thinking. Like she already has it all programmed in her head. But I was willing to break that shield she put in between us.

My lifted my hands to her shoulder and hesitated as my curled into my palms mid air.

When I finally touched her, just a brush of my fingers on her bare skin, she flinched and stepped away from the window.

I sighed and watched her move to pour herself a glass of what looked like vodka.

Great. We are getting drunk. She lifted her glass to me. "Want some? Or, are you scared that I drugged it this time?"

"I want to talk, Jenna. . ."

"Then, talk."
She snapped.

"Why are you making it difficult for me? Why are you making it seem like nothing can ever come out of me trying to reach out to you?"

"I don't need you to reach out to me. I need you to say whatever you have to say and get the shit out of my face."
She said, bluntly and looking at me daringly.

I sighed and nodded, shrugged then moved forward to sit opposite her.

"You're right. I never liked you from the jump."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Because, you were the only one who didn't like me, even when every one did. You hated me for some unknown reason."

She said nothing. She merely leaned back in her sofa and sipped her vodka.

"And I have every right to throw you in jail for what you did. I want you to pay, Jenna. I want you to pay for what you did to me and to my son, because no one touches my baby like that. And because I don't know why you would do something like that."

She lowered her gaze. I knew I was getting there.

"And I have every right to want revenge and I can do it. You're right, I can use you and get back at every one of you. But that won't be right, would it?"