CHAPTER 14

Melanie's POV💕

"Be good, sweetie! Okay?!"
I shouted from the gate and he only gave me a grunted reply as he made his way into the school compound.
"I love you!"
I shouted again. He didn't reply me. He keeps doing that all the time and I merely have to shout his name before he replies me.
"TJ!"
I shouted.

"Mum!" He whisper yelled at me with an angry stare.

I sighed. "I said I love you."

"Right. I love you too."
He said and grinned at me. That grin was very plastic. I know the problem here and I just shook my head because even at my age, I still wanted my ain't Bertha to tell me she loves me even in public. But TJ just hates it. He keeps talking about how his class mates make fun of him with that in class.

"Thanks mum. For making my class mates find another way to tease me again."
He said between his teeth as he looked sideways to find some girls, giggling.

I rolled my eyes and left him there. As much as I would love to argue about this, I need to go to school too. Although I had an afternoon lecture today and only two classes, I needed to use the library. So I increased my pace to the bus stop.

While I waited and inwardly cursed the early morning sun for doing this to me, I sat at the bus stop and took out my cell phone, trying to log into WhatsApp.

I got a message from an unknown number and I frowned at it.

Unknown: This is more than an Angel @dp 😉

Me: Uh...tnks. May I ask if I'm speaking to a ritualist?🤔

I just dropped that, hoping he simply gets my intention of an insult and introduces his or herself. Whoever it is.

But the stranger was offline and I shrugged. Just when I saw people running to get to the bus going to Obalende. I shot up my gaze, dropped my phone in my bag and began the move I have always dreaded since time immemorial; running after the bus.

And as always, I missed and got pushed aside as people rushed to board the bus. I wasn't really the fan of struggling for buses and I really hated that move so why bother with it if you know a bus will definitely come your way soon. I sighed and shook my head, stepping aside to let the ones with two heads enter the bus.

Thank God I wasn't the only one. A pregnant woman who simply rushed out if the bus because it was too tight, rained insults on the conductor like he was the cause of her predicament.

I had moved farther away from the pregnant lady and the immature conductor who doesn't know that insulting a lady like that is just beneath a wise man.

A black sleek Lexus drove past me and stopped. Reversed and one mind told me to simply rear back but I wanted to know whom it was. I squinted my eyes and the tinted window rolled down.

A light groan escaped my lips when I saw whom it was. Of all the people in the world this early morning.

"Morning, Sweet."
He said, grinning.

"Honestly, do you need to lick sweet so urgently that you keep calling me that?"
I said, rolling my eyes. I mean who calls people that now?

"Someone woke up on the wrong side this morning."
Lucas said.

"No. I don't have a wrong side. What do you want?"

"Come in and I will tell you. Just hop in. Let me give you a ride to school."

"I'm at the bus stop. Thanks but no thanks."

"Yeah, I know. Just hop in, okay?"
He said glancing at the road then at me.