CHAPTER 32

AJ's POV

I stepped out of the car and walked towards Lala with a smile on my face.

The week's and had been boring for me and that's majorally because I miss Melanie. She had stopped talking to me and I won't blame her. This is the reason why I can't tell her the truth. Call me selfish, but I still can't lose my friend. So far, she has become a very large part of my life as a friend and more like a sister.

Lala smiled back at me and gave me a hug.

"Hey, someone had a wonderful weekend."
I teased.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Sure. Who did?"

"So, what's up? Where's Melanie?"
I asked, looking around for her.

Lala shrugged. "Still at home. I doubt she would be here anytime soon. Just called her to tell her the lectures won't hold till 4p.m."

What?

"4p.m?! Holy crap! When in hell was that arrangement made that I didn't hear about it till now?!"
I said, almost screaming.

Lala shrugged again. I sighed. Guess I'll just hang around a bit. Plus, I really need to talk to Melanie.

Lala turned to leave and I stopped her. "Do you think Mel is still mad at me?"
I had to ask. Why won't I? She never talks to me. The least we do is just a stiff smile at each other and she's off before I say a word.

"I don't know, AJ. I think you should give her time. She's not used to this and you weren't so honest with her."
I nodded in agreement.

"You're right. Perhaps, I should just let her be for now."
I said, with the worst feeling I have ever had. The one I can't explain but keeps digging into my heart like a dagger.

I sighed again and quietly followed her to class.

Jenna's POV

"This is where you stay when you're not stabbing someone in the back?"
It was a question. And I didn't need to look back to know that it would take a miracle to stop bumping into Lucas.

He sat beside me and waited. Perhaps for my response.

I ignored him and sipped from my wine. The bar was scanty today for a reason that's beyond me.

And I was so fucking bored at home, I had to come here. Okay, you might think that I find pleasure in backstabbing. I don't.

I'm not a bad person. Well, I love to see myself as the best but AJ broke me.

My life sort of ended when she slept with Sam. We were best friends. Well, I can't bore anyone with my feud with Her Royal Bitchiness.

I turned to him with a stiff smile.
"And this should he where you go when you need to torment my life, I guess?"
I asked.

He chuckled and signalled the bartender. The young hot guy whom I have made a mental note to get an attention from, turned to Lucas with a gracious smile.

"Dirty Martini, please."
Lucas said.

He nodded. "Yes sir."

And Lucas turned to me. "When you're this lonely, its very scary, trust me."
He said.

I had to laugh at that one. "Really? Why scary? You have a skeleton in your cupboard?"

He smiled. "Nope. But you do. Don't you?"

"It depends. Maybe you're the next person."
I said and he laughed.

Its been a while. Since we both laughed like this.