CHAPTER 39

Lala's POV

One thing my mama always told me was that sometimes we don't always get what we wish for. It happens. Sometimes, it doesn't.

Here, I am sitting opposite Kendrick and he's looking at me like a lost puppy. Honestly, we don't always get what we wish for.

I'm sure he never wished to be sitting across from me like this ever. But then he didn't get his wish. But I got mine.

After that incident with Jenna, all he has ever done was to chase me around the city like a cop searching for a fugitive.

And I've given him the best chase, until he arrived at my dorm unannounced and clearly swept my roommates off their feet and I'm sure he was unaware of that. But me being the one to notice it had to go with him. I don't know why but I think it had something to do with one of my roommates telling her friend that if I refuse to go with him, she will definitely track him down and date him.

It got me thinking about the bony wasted Lady he went to the club with the other night and I found myself in his car and driving down here.

I took in my surrounding and gave a mental thumbs up at his choice of restaurant. The setting reminded me of the first night he asked me to be his girlfriend.

It was right here.

"Like the view?"
He asked.

I turned to him and shrugged. "I've seen better."

He chuckled. "See, that's the problem. You haven't."
He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You came to my dorm unannounced and brought me here. Why?"

"I wanted us to talk. Apparently, you have been giving me a good chase, Layette. But, it bothers me because you don't give him a good chase. Do you?"

"Who are we talking about?"

"Herbert or whatever he's called."

Herbert?
I frowned. Who's Herbert?

"The tall dude you brought to Derrick's the other night."
He pointed out.

"Heart. You mean Heart."

"Right. Whatever. I don't like it when you give him what belongs to me."

"You're a bastard, Kendrick. Whatever it is you think belongs to you, must be the stick hanging between your legs that has no control."

I stared him straight in the eyes and waited for him to get annoyed. He hates it when his d**k is being referred to as 'stick'. Childish, huh?

I know, right?

He sighed and shook his head. "I want you, Lala. I want you back."

"What happened to the bony structure you went to the club with? Too straight for you?"

"She meant nothing to me."

"Right. After the hot tumble in bed, she will surely mean nothing to you. Who am I kidding?"
I said and laughed. Painfully.

You see, guys like Kendrick? When they break up with you, it doesn't take them long to come crying back like a baby for you to take them back. All they need is a little treatment. Show them how better you have been without them. Look smoking sexy all the time and hang out with a guy you know is obviously a dish and they'll cry back to you.

At least I learnt that from Melanie long ago. Back in highschool. When my first boyfriend broke my heart.

"Lala, I messed up."