CHAPTER 38

Jenna's POV

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the loud bold voice calling my name while I sat at the mini bar in my living room.

I didn't need to be told that was Derrick, coming. He was angry. And Derrick could be so irrational when he's angry. And I sat still and braced myself.

I knew what he wanted to yell about. His brothers don't keep things from him. Their bond is so fucking annoyingly strong that they can't have a fight for any girl.

Believe me, I was so close to tearing Melanie apart. I didn't have a reason to rush to fight her today, but I just needed a reason to fight with her. That would satisfy the hunger I had for years now. The hunger to tear her apart.

When Derrick had introduced her to  me, all I felt for her was disgust. I hated her and I still hate her. My hearted for her grows by the minute. Maybe because she's everything that I'm not.

She's a threat. Her personality intimidates me. The way she's so perfect for everyone and she doesn't even need to try. All she has to do is smile and everyone thinks its the most beautiful smile ever.

Derrick pushed open the door, I made a mental note to check for any shatter on the glass.

He stared at me and I was grateful that looks couldn't kill, else I would be long dead. In fact, with the things I've done in my life, I doubt hell would want someone like me. I sure as hell know that heaven isn't for people like me.
Well, I won't worry about where my godforsaken should would go after death.

"What the fuck was that, Jenna?"
He snapped.

"What the fuck was what?"
I asked calmly, sipping from my wine. "I don't know what you're talking about, Alpha."

"You don't know what I'm taking about?!" He said, walking closer to me. "You don't know what I'm talking about?!" He repeated, sweeping off the glass of wine and the wine bottle. I watched, in horror how they swung to the tiled floor and shattered to pieces.

I looked up at him and stood up. "You're acting irrational now, because of that bitch?"

"You know, you can repeat that again and I'll make sure that's the last thing you remember."
He said.

"I did what I had to do!"

"You did what you had to do? Picking up a fight with her was what you had to do? How could you, Jenna?"

"That's what she deserved, Derrick. Who does she think she is?"

"God help me, I will slap the living daylight out of you and slap you into a coma."
He said.

I knew Derrick would never hit any woman, no matter he said.
But he was so fucking angry. I could see the anger in his eyes.

"Hwy do you keep defending her, Derrick?! She's a threat! She has always been a threat to all of us. I told you that before and you didn't listen."

"Listen to me. The next time I hear about your silly attempt to pick a fight with her, I will do something drastic. Get that into your head, if you have brains."
And he walked away.

I could feel the anger rise through me and I screamed in rage, pushing away anything i could lay my hands on. 

Melanie's POV

I stopped on my tracks when I stepped into my house and found AJ admiring one of TJ's pictures on the top shelf in the livingroom.

She must have heard me come in as she turned around, startled. I hadn't gone to school today. Actually, our exams are fast approaching and I needed my space to be able to pass this semester. Being my final year in school, failing won't look pretty on me. Especially, since I've always been a success.

And I was also preparing my final project so, I had visited the library today instead of school.

She passed me a stiff smile. The atmosphere between AJ and I have been very unpleasant and the truth about her brothers only made it worse.

"Mel, hi."
She said in almost a whisper.

I looked around, wondering how she had gotten in here. The house was quiet and that was kind of...

"Aunt Bertha let me in."
She cut into my thoughts as if she knew what I was about to ask.

Aunt Bertha is back?   Right, I didn't mention that my aunt had travelled for two weeks. And she was totally unaware of my clash with Derrick and his family. His entire family.

"I wanted to talk to you."
She said.

I sighed and shook my head. "If Aunt Bertha let you in, then you should know your way out."
I said, on my way to my bedroom.

She stopped me. Practically blocked my path. "Melanie, I need to talk to you. You can't keep pushing me away like this."

"AJ, I can't do this right now."

"Fine, if you can't talk to me, at least try to talk to Derrick. He's in pieces, Melanie. You need to see him..."

"I don't want to see him."
I cut in. One reason Being that I didn't want her to go on telling me how miserable Derrick is because that could make me run all the way to his house and ask for forgiveness instead of him asking.

He wronged me. He should ask first.
He should suffer like I did.

You mean like you are still suffering? A voice in my head replied me.

AJ sighed again. "It wasn't his fault, Melanie."

"Who's was it? Yours?"
I said.
.she looked shocked at me.

"We all want to be more than just a friend to you, Mel. You just happened to fall into the game. It wasn't Derrick's fault. You have to listen to me, Mel. There's something. . ."

My cellphone rang and I thanked my stars for bringing an unknown caller to fill my time.

"Hello?"

The voice was females and very strange to me.

"Oh. Miss Johnson. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you. Good afternoon."
I had totally forgotten that I had given my number to TJ's new teacher in school in case there was a time one of the Jacob brothers came to pick him up without my consent.

"Yes, I know. I. . ."
I paused. "What? Oh my God."

The cellphone dropped from my hands as they shook. I couldn't stand on my legs anymore.

I think I swayed a little and AJ held me. "Are you okay?"
She asked.

"TJ. . . TJ. . . Oh, no."
I made for the door.

AJ was fast enough to run after me. She caught me. "Tell me what happened to TJ, Melanie."
She demanded.

But I wasn't even understanding her. My ears were shut with some kind of scream inside of me. All I could hear was my inner self screaming for help. My lips couldn't make out any words.

"Aunt Bertha!"
AJ called. And again. The door opened and my aunt stepped out.

"What is going on?" She asked as soon as she saw me looking disoriented.

"I don't know. She got a call and I think it has something to do with TJ."

That's when I realised that I had been confused and shaken when my son needs me right now. I turned to AJ.

"Take me to the hospital."
I said.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕