CHAPTER 66

A Month Later

Derrick's POV

"I'm getting married, Derrick."
She repeated it to me. I was so stunned, I thought I didn't  hear right. But it was true.

My hearing abilities weren't playing tricks on me. She was indeed getting married.

I looked around the hall as lovers were pairing up already to dance to the new song. I remembered this was actually us few months ago when I had asked her to dance.

How could that memory be flushed out like that? What happened to it?

I didn't expect to hear this news. We had a future. Or maybe all that was just in my head.

"What?"
I asked the second time.

She sighed and looked around as if looking for a way to walk out on me. "I said I'm getting married. I've said that three time already."

"Getting married? And you get to tell me now? Wait. . . How. . .Who?"

She stared at me for what seemed to be a long time.
"Henry asked me to marry him. And I said yes."

That was the drop of the final bomb.

<<<<<< A Month Earlier  ( Before The Scandal) <<<<<<

Melanie's POV

"How were you able to plan all of this? This is beautiful."
Derrick said.

I laughed, looking around the wonder of my work with Maya. And I did get a little help from Jenna. If you would define help as following me around the malls - which I practically dragged her all the way with me - a sign of helping.

"Really? You like?"

"I love. And I can tell that she likes it too."
He nodded towards his mum.

"She helped. Of course she would like it."
I told him..

"Ah, no wonder." He grinned and looked down at my outfit. "You are beautiful, Melanie."

I felt my cheeks burn. "Thank you." I turned around in search of TJ. Wouldn't want him wandering around the beach and get lost. He was few feet away, with a little boy whom must be a child of one of the lady with Jamal. She's a single mother just like me and came for a vacation with her son. I won't be surprised if Jamal has a tryst with that lady. And she strikes me like the kind who actually knows what she's doing.

"Uh. . .I have to tell you something. Maybe later?"

I nodded. "Sure."

"And here they are!"
Jamal shouted with his arms around a young lady he just met at the beach and invited to have a party with them.

Everyone turned around to where he was pointing at. I grinned at the sight of Tammy and Lucas, making their way towards us.

I could tell from how Tammy glowed that the vacation really did her good. And as impatient as I have been since Derrick told me that Tammy has said yes to Lucas, I ran towards her and threw my arms around her in a tight hug.

"I've missed you!"
I said.

She laughed. "Me too, babe."

"You haven't missed me? I'm hurt?"
Lucas said, pouting.

I laughed and gave him a hug as well. "You are not hard to miss, Lucas."

He grinned. "How have you been, Mel?"