CHAPTER 17

Melanie's POV💕

I couldn't get my mind at peace. I needed to know what was going on. Don't blame me. Blame my inquisitiveness. Everyone keeps telling me that my insatiable urge to know it all, will get me into trouble.

But I think it's my nature for being a science student. It could be why I excelled greatly in school.

I still wanted to know what happened with Derrick and Lucas. I know they hate each other for a reason best unknown to me, but I still felt that I should find out if they are both okay.

Yeah, right? I said I didn't like Lucas but, he's already growing on me.

AJ was the first to go into the pool, with an invite of one of the guys that that was actually flirting with me earlier much to my distaste and disgust. But he left with a shocked expression, thanks to AJ who told him that I'm Alpha's girl. He even apologized for flirting with me and turned his attention to AJ like I was totally invisible.

Like I care.

He seemed Obviously shocked when AJ said that to him and backed off like he had been told hey, that's a live wire!

I sighed and looked up when Tammy came up beside me. She passed me a quick grin and I returned it. Maybe our relationship wasn't as strong as AJ's just yet.

She sat beside me and picked up a bag I assumed must me hers. I saw the tattoo again and I just had to ask.

"Hey."

She looked up at me from her cell phone and nodded, then went back to her cellphone.

"Hey."
She murmured and frowned at something she saw on her screen.
"Bastard."
She whispered with a frown.

"Is everything okay?"
I asked and it brought back her attention.

"Oh! Uh....Yeah. Why? Any problem?"

"No. Well, do you have any idea if Derrick and Lucas are alright in there?"

She laughed. "Of course, they are. There's nothing going on, Mel. It was just a little misunderstanding. You should be in the pool or anywhere in the house having fun."

"Yeah. Well, I...I know. I just keep wondering.... None of them are out yet."

She grinned and looked at me amusingly. "Really? Is it Lucas or Derrick?"

"Excuse me?"

"You seem to like one of them. We all know that you're dating Derrick, right?"

"I'm still getting there with Derrick. Its...not that easy being with someone like him. Especially when he's being called this name that..."

"Alpha? Oh, forget the blasted name. Derrick is a rare gem. He's crazy and has this...thing about him. People get the wrong impression about him being bad and all that but he is the...um...cool one here."

"What about Lucas?"

She looked up at me and shook her head. "Rash. That's the word for someone like him."

And there was a hint of distaste in her voice when she spoke of Lucas.

But he is not rash to me, i wanted to say. But the words got stuck in my throat. I  simply nodded and gave her a smile.
"So, why are y'all still with him? If he is rash as you said he is, why do you all stick with him all the time? I mean, you all have the same tattoo."

"Mmm...."
She appeared like she was thinking of an answer to give to me. I know she was pretending and she was hiding something.
"Because... We all got the tattoos together. Its a sign of friendship and a bond that we share. Lucas happened to be part of that bond."