CHAPTER 62

Henry's POV

I had no clue as to what I was doing and I'm sure mist of the customers got the message about my confusion.

I had called Melanie but her phone wasn't going. She should be the one helping me with this. Then, I recalled she would be at the Jacobs so she can pick up her son.

I have to admit, that while my mind strayed to Derrick, I couldn't help it but I still don't like her around him. The only connection they have is TJ and I feel he is still using their son to get close to her.

I'm not trying to act jealous and all that, but I still want Melanie to look at me the way she looks at Derrick. Or is it my imagination?

Am I just blinded d by my love for her, that I don't see that Derrick is all in her past? A past that still remains in the present.

I want to wait for her. I'm willing to wait and be patient for as long as she as she wants, but will that even be possible?

I don't want her to feel at risk being with me. I want her to be safe with me. I want her to find strength with me. I want her to run to me when she needs help. I want her to trust me.

I ran my fingers along the fabric and sighed.

"That doesn't describe you."
A female voice said to me.

I turned around to find the smiling face of a beautiful and wealthily dressed lady as she stepped forward, brushing off the strands of red hair on her face. I'm sure that's a wig.

"Oh. It really isn't me. I have no idea what I'm doing, trust me."

She nodded. "I do. I'm sorry, I just couldn't stay away. You have been staring at that scarf for like five minutes like you don't even know what you're doing here."

I laughed. "I honestly don't know what I'm doing here. Was I that obvious?"

"Hmm. You don't want to know."

I laughed and so did she. She glanced from the scarf to me. "Well, this would be nice and pretty of you're giving it to your mother. I'm sorry for being blunt, but your girlfriend won't like this on herself."

I nodded. She has a point. Finally, a saviour. "You're right. It is not for my girlfriend. It is actually for my mother. Mother's day is next week."

"Wow. You're serious. Next week. You have a whole week more to plan all of it."
She said and laughed.

I shook my head. "No. I don't know if I will be free by then. And she will kill me of I don't get her a present."

She nodded. "Mothers."

We laughed.

"Well, you can take that or the blue one. But most women don't really go for blue, so I don't think that would be nice. This flowery design looks perfect, don't you think?"
She said, feeling her fingers on the scarf.

I nodded. "Perfect. Thanks. You're a life saver."

"No problem."

"I'm Henry."

"Oh. Sorry. I'm Ann."

"Nice to meet you, Ann. Is it Annabelle or. . ."
I trailed off, giving her room to say her full name. She laughed and shook her head.

"Just Ann."
She said and nodded.

"Okay, Ann. Thank you so much for this help. I really appreciate it."

She nodded and turned to leave. I placed the scarf in the cart with the other items I bought and walked towards the cashier. It appears that I had bumped into Ann.