𝟹. 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚍

•two months later•
☆ • ☆ • ☆

another party, but instead of in california, this time, audrey was in her hometown, new york.

she and her friend, christina, whom she had met about a month ago, decided to host a party to celebrate the fact that they were free from college for the next three months.

they were in audrey's apartment, which was quite big, especially with only her living in it.

it had a beautiful view of the city lights from her bedroom window, and the rooms were good sizes. the living room and kitchen were perfect for entertaining, so it was a good thing the party was here instead of at christina's.

"okay, i got the music set, and the lights, the food will be here in like, ten minutes, i'm gonna change, okay?" christina hollered from the guest room, making audrey jump from her bed, where she was scrolling through instagram.

"okay, tina, i'll get the food and then change," audrey replied. she went back to her phone, hooking the device up to her speaker, and playing blackbear's newest album, anonymous.

the doorbell rang, and audrey answered it, smiling at the delivery man. he handed her the bags of food, before commenting, "party today?"

"yeah, it's a graduation one, we're done with our first year," audrey said, laughing and handing the man a tip.

"thank you, miss, have a good time," he said, before turning around and leaving.

"the food's here!" audrey shouted to tina, who replied, "don't say you're gonna taste it and eat all of it!" making audrey rolled her eyes, even though she knew that was definitely something she would have done.

the food looked great, and audrey finished setting up the trays of food on the dining table along with the drinks and cups.

"how do i look? good enough for my boyfriend who i haven't seen in months?" christina asked, smoothing down her black mini dress that stuck to her like second skin.

"damn, chris, you look good, almost as good as all this food."

christina snorted, grabbing a tortilla chip and popping it in her mouth. "thanks, now go get ready."

audrey nodded, heading to her room and grabbing her pastel pink tube top and black denim skirt which hugged her curves perfectly.

she slipped the articles of clothing on, messing with her hair in the mirror and spritzing some lavender perfume on her body.

with a light coat of lip gloss, she was ready to go.

and just in time, someone knocked on the door, and christina answered it. loud voices filled the apartment, and audrey smiled, ready to get her party on.

it had been about an hour since audrey and christina's friends had shown up, and some of their friends' friends.

the apartment was full, with the beats of the music playing loudly and the dim lighting setting the perfect setting to relax and enjoy yourself.

the only people that were missing was christina's boyfriend, who audrey had never seen before, and some of his friends.

"they're stuck in traffic," christina said, looking up from her phone as audrey walked up to her.

"hey, it's fine, tina, i know they'll show up," audrey said, comforting her friend.

and just as she said it, her apartment front door opened, revealing five boys.

before audrey could figure out what was happening, christina was already in a blonde's arms, kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

audrey blinked, laughing as she saw christina pull away and grab his hand, pulling him over to her.

"aud, this is corbyn, my boyfriend, and those are his friends," christina motioned behind her, but audrey couldn't really see them.

she focused on the blonde, saying hello and giving him a hug.

"so you're the famous boyfriend that she couldn't stop talking about today?" she teasingly asked.

"yeah, i guess i am," corbyn said, pressing a kiss against his girlfriend's forehead. "she was only saying good things about me, right?"

audrey laughed, nodding. "of course, you seem perfect for each other."

corbyn relaxed, smiling again as he stared at the love of his life adoringly.

"we're gonna go dance, i hope you get laid tonight," christina said to audrey, making audrey glare at her.

"what? from what i know, you haven't had any fun for like, two months. it's time to relax, babe," christina reasoned, before grabbing corbyn and heading to the middle of the "dance floor" which was just the living room.

audrey grabbed a drink, taking a sip as she mingled with some people she actually liked. they all talked for a while, and audrey scanned the room, until she locked eyes with a boy who had ridiculously curly hair that she really wanted to touch.

audrey's eyes widened as she realized who he was.

her one night stand's friend.