𝟻𝟹. 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕

☆ • ☆ • ☆

"are you sure i can't hide in your suitcase?" daniel asked for the third time since they had reached the airport.

audrey sighed, looking through the clothes at one of the shops at the airport, her fingers feeling the fabric of the shirts folded in neat stacks in the store.

"babe, you know you can't."

daniel pouted, grabbing a hanger with a pale pink shirt hanging off of it. "this is pretty."

audrey looked at it, her eyes narrowing at daniel, "it's three sizes too big, baby, and you know i don't want that color."

daniel let out a puff of air, putting the clothing back on the rack.

"what's wrong, bub?" audrey asked, looking at daniel, whose normally bright eyes were dull.

"i'm gonna miss you," daniel whispered, his voice hoarse as he looked at audrey. "i don't know what i'm going to do without you."

audrey let a light laugh escape her lips as she looked at her boyfriend, wrapping her arms around him. "babe, you're gonna be fine. you know that i'm always gonna be there for you, no matter what, right?"

"yeah, but now you're like 2,000 miles away," daniel complained, pressing his lips against audrey's forehead. "and i can't hug you, or kiss you, or tickle you, or smush your cheeks together whenever you do something cute, or fuck you-"

"daniel james seavey," audrey hissed, looking around to see if anyone else had heard. thankfully, the store was completely empty, except for the lone cashier at the front of the store.

daniel smirked. "you know i'm right, you should just stay here."

"daniel, i have an internship, remember? i can't just quit, i need the experience."

"why can't you find an internship here like tate?"

"because it's too late now to look for a job." audrey reasoned, letting go of daniel and taking a step back. "now, let's go find the others."

daniel sighed, following audrey out of the store and to the food court, where she spotted corbyn and christina sitting at a booth, eating panda express.

jonah has decided to stay in the car, not wanting to be a fifth wheel.

they joined the couple, audrey and daniel sitting next to each other as christina moved to sit next to corbyn.

"you want some noodles?" christina asked audrey, who nodded, grabbing an extra fork and taking a bite. "what about you, dani?"

he shook his head, eyes looking down towards the table. "not hungry."

audrey's hand grabbed daniel's, squeezing it once. "come on, love, gimme a smile."

daniel looked at her, eyes narrowed. "how am i supposed to smile when you're leaving?"

audrey rolled her eyes. "bub, stay positive, i told you i'll always be there for you."

daniel sighed, grabbing audrey's fork out of her hand and taking a bite of christina's noodles.

corbyn spoke up, "dani, you're gonna be fine, i promise, i've been through this a lot. like, a lot, a lot."

daniel slumped down in his seat. "does it get better?"

christina's hand touched corbyn's, playing with the rings on his index finger. "no, it doesn't, you just have to go with it."

"shit, it's six o'clock, plane leaves in an hour," audrey cursed, as christina closed her box of food and got up, corbyn following her actions.