𝟸𝟾. 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚊?

☆ • ☆ • ☆

audrey only knew one other address in california, she had memorized when she had come to surprise the person she thought she would be with forever.

the address to julian's apartment.

the uber pulled up to audrey, who was waiting outside, and asked, "uber for audrey?"

she nodded, and quickly pulled her suitcase inside the vehicle and sat in the back seat, telling the driver the address.

"713 hawthorne drive, please," audrey said, and the driver nodded, pulling out onto the highway.

they drove in silence for a few minutes, when the driver asked, "would you mind if i put some music on?"

audrey shrugged, before realizing that the man couldn't see her. "oh, um, sure, that's fine."

he nodded, and turned on the radio, turning the volume up just a little bit louder.

you were in my heart,
you were in my head,
now you're waking up,
you're in my bed

audrey couldn't stop a sob from escaping her lips as she heard the boys' voice on the radio, reminding her of everything she had just left behind.

"you okay, miss?" the driver asked audrey kindly, looking at her through the mirror above the dashboard.

audrey nodded. "do you have a tissue?"

he nodded, leaning over to the right to grab a box of tissues.

but he never handed them to the crying girl, because at that moment, a car collided with theirs at the intersection.

the vehicle flipped around, and all audrey could feel was pain. the other car had rammed into the right side of the uber, right where audrey was sitting.

the shouts of bystanders, the squealing of tires against gravel, the crunching of glass, were all audrey heard before everything went black.

"where is she?" daniel said as soon as christina opened the door.

"oh, look who it is," christina spat, her anger towards daniel evident. "we were all waiting for you, come inside."

"where the fuck is she?" daniel asked again, walking inside and looking at everyone that was in the room.

"we should be asking you that question, asshole," christina replied. "where is she?"

"all she texted me was that she was leaving," daniel said, pulling his phone out. "and that she was sorry."

"why the fuck is she sorry to you?" tate asked. "this is literally all your fault."

"hey, babe, this is not the time to put the blame on someone," jonah intervened, but then said quietly, "even if we already know whose fault it is."

"where would she go?" kay asked, "it's not like she knows where anything is here?"

"she had a phone, kay, she could have used a gps."

"but if all her stuff's gone too, then she must be going to some hotel, right?" zach asked.

"she doesn't know anyone else here, does she? any friends, someone else that she would go to?" corbyn asked christina, who suddenly looked at them, wide eyed.

"she knows one person."

everyone looked at her.

"julian."

"oh, of course! she's obviously going to that son of bitch," daniel said, rolling his eyes. "what a fucking surprise."

"daniel seavey, i don't give a shit about what you think about my best friend right now, but you are either gonna help us, or leave." christina said, her voice low and leaving no room for argument. "so shut your mouth."

daniel shut his mouth.

at that moment, christina's phone rang.

"holy shit, it's audrey!"

she put the phone on speaker, and everyone gathered around the device.

"is this christina?" an unfamiliar women's voice asked.

christina looked around in confusion, but answered, "yes, this is christina marie harris. can i ask why you have audrey's phone? we were really hoping to talk to her, all her friends are here right now."

"i'm sorry to tell you that audrey met with a car accident about half an hour ago. she's at mercy general hospital right now, but she's in critical condition. we aren't allowing any guests to see her now, but you can come to the hospital if you would like to for paperwork."

it was like the world stopped for a second for everyone in corbyn's apartment. it was silent, and a tear trickled down christina's cheek as she asked, "is she going to survive?"

"i don't know, darling, only time can tell," the nurse said softly.

"um, we'll be there in a little bit," jonah muttered to the lady, before pressing the end call button on christina's phone.

"no, no, no," daniel let out a cry, "this is all my fault," he sobbed, his tears blinding him. "fuck, why'd i tell her to go?"

"bro, hey, calm down, guys, she's going to be okay, i promise. let's go see her, okay? everything is gonna be fine." jonah said.

everyone silently got into the car, the ride to the hospital seeming to take a million years.

• ☆ •
she speaks !

🤠😳🤯

-n
☆ • ☆ • ☆