𝟷𝟾. 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛

☆ • ☆ • ☆

when audrey woke up, she wasn't in the car anymore, instead she was in a big bed, the covers pulled over her neatly, with her phone charging on the side table to her right.

she looked around the room, her eyes still squinting as she noticed she was in a pretty familiar place.

daniel's room.

a door to the left opened, and daniel walked out, dressed only in a pair of sweatpants.

wow, that's hot.

"audrey!" daniel said, making her look up to his eyes.

"i literally said your name three times. next time, take a picture, it'll last longer," he said, winking.

audrey turned a dark red, her cheeks burning as she giggled. "stop it, oh my god. how long was i asleep?"

"like three hours, you were exhausted. we're in my apartment now, everyone else is in jonah's."

"you guys moved?" audrey asked. "your room looks exactly the same, i thought we were in the old house."

"yeah, i tried to make my room look almost the same as it was there, i really loved that place. anyway, we all live right next to each other, and jonah's two doors down. why don't you get ready, and we can head there? you still haven't eaten yet."

audrey nodded, slipping out of the bed and stretched her arms above her head. she closed her eyes, letting her muscles stretch out and relax.

daniel cleared his throat, his eyes stuck on audrey's torso, where her skin showed since her shirt lifted when she stretched.

"take a picture, it'll last longer, babe," she mocked, smiling and walking past daniel to the bathroom.

daniel just shook his head, pulling a shirt over his body and sitting on the bed.

meanwhile, in jonah's apartment

"let's talk about the elephant that's not in the room," jonah said, looking around the room.

"more like the giraffe," zach laughed, slapping his knee at his own joke. he looked around, his brow furrowing as no one laughed with him. "what? that was so funny!"

kay shook her head, "no, babe, it really wasn't."

tate and kay had come over about an hour ago, when jonah had texted them that they were all home. now, they were all just talking and watching something on tv as they waited for audrey and daniel.

"okay, okay, back to the topic, what do we think about our giraffe's recent relationship?" zach asked.

"how did they meet?" tate asked.

"they hooked up with each other about a month ago when we were at the old house," corbyn said. "and jack told me that daniel told him it was some of the best sex he had ever had and that he 'couldn't get her out of her head' and a bunch of other cheesy stuff like that."

"okay, but that's so cute," tate cooed. "i don't even know what she looks like but she seems to be amazing already."

"is she nice?" kay asked.

"holy shit, yeah, she's like so mature, but she can party and she's such an amazing friend," corbyn said.

christina was sitting next to corbyn, beaming with pride at how everyone really did love audrey even if they only knew for a few days. it made her happy to know that she had made such a positive impact on them all.

"she's also really good at making cookies," zach said. "and yeah, she's really nice."

"of course you focus on the food, doofus," corbyn said, slapping the back of zach's head. "audrey's cookies are really good though."

the doorbell rang, and jonah jumped up, opening the door to reveal the two people they were just talking about.

"hey, aud, hey daniel," jonah said, letting them walk inside and closing the door behind them. "we were just talking."

"about us?" daniel asked, even though he already knew the answer.

jonah just nodded, smiling. "let's go meet everyone else."

daniel and audrey walked into the living room, where everyone was sitting silently. they smiled as audrey and daniel walked inside.

"tate, kay, this is audrey, daniel's girlfriend," jonah said.

"jonah! she's not my girlfriend yet," daniel said, the last word quieter than the rest of his sentence, smacking the older boy's shoulder.

jonah rolled his eyes, "whatever. this is audrey, daniel's fuc-"

he was cut off by audrey's hand covering his mouth. "i'll introduce myself, marais."

"hi, i'm audrey, it's nice to meet you guys."

"hey, audrey, i'm tate, and this is kay."

audrey gave them both hugs before glaring at jonah and sitting next to christina.

"audrey, do you want your burger?" corbyn asked, grabbing the food from the bag. "if you don't, i'm gonna eat it."

"i'll eat it, are there fries?" she asked.

corbyn nodded, pulling out the fries and handing it to her.

"thanks, bean," audrey said, taking a bite of the burger. "damn, that's good."

"hah! i told you," zach said. "it's the best food ever."

"so, audrey, what do you do?" kay asked, making conversation.

"i'm a pre med student, live in new york. christina's like my best friend. oh, and i love to bake!" audrey answered, popping a fry in her mouth.

"can you make us more cookies?" zach asked, his puppy eyes on show.

audrey sighed. "yeah, but we need to go out to the store then, i need to make everything from scratch."

"well, then, i say we girls go out," christina said, looking at tate, kay, and audrey. "we can have some girl time, and the boys can stay here while we're shopping."

"i wanna come with you guys," daniel pouted. "these idiots are so boring."

"bitch, you're gonna see how boring you are when we beat you at fortnite now," zach said.

"well then, it's settled, girls go get stuff for the cookies, and boys, stay here and be lazy," tate said, laughing as she got up. "let's go, girls."