𝟺𝟶. 𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎

☆ • ☆ • ☆

audrey woke up, a crick in her neck as she heard cupboards open and close in the kitchen.

christina let out a shriek as she tried to sit on the couch, but ended up seeing her best friend's face right where her bottom was going.

"what the fuck are you doing on the sofa?" she asked, waiting for audrey to sit up before sitting next to her.

audrey yawned, stretching her arms out as she sat up, letting out a sigh. "don't worry about it," she said, shrugging. "i just don't want to be with daniel right now."

christina raised an eyebrow, looking at audrey weirdly. "you don't want to be with daniel right now? you both can't survive thirty minutes without each other."

audrey rolled her eyes, getting up and heading to the kitchen. "yes we can, tina, stop underestimating us."

"uh huh," christina replied, grabbing the remote from the coffee table and turning the tv on. "so what's wrong?"

"nothing," audrey called out from the kitchen. "absolutely nothing."

"so you're just gonna sleep on the couch for the rest of the week?"

"yeah."

"amazing."

christina took a sip of coffee, looking at audrey through the rim of her cup. "what are you looking for?"

"a cup for my hangover smoothie," audrey replied, pulling out blueberrries, coconut water, and bananas from the fridge.

christina gasped, "can i have some too?"

"will you ask me another question about daniel?"

"not if i get a smoothie."

"then sure," audrey said, finally finding two tall glasses in the cabinets.

a couple minutes later, audrey sat back down next to christina, handing her the drink. "enjoy, bitch."

"thanks, loser," tina replied, putting her coffee down and grabbing the drink. "how's the arm?"

"better, i guess, it got super wet yesterday from the pool but i think it's all dry now."

"do we need to go to a doctor?"

"nah, i'll be fine. what're we doing today?"

"probably just staying at the beach and home, everyone's still asleep, such lazy asses."

audrey giggled. "just cause you're awake doesn't mean you're not a lazy ass, tina."

"shut up, rey."

"make me."

"i'll just kiss you again."

audrey covered her face, her cheeks red. "we were literally so drunk yesterday."

"i honestly think i still am," christina added, gulping a bit of the smoothie. "i need to jump in the ocean."

"where's audrey?!" a frantic voice shouted from upstairs, making both audrey and christina jump. "audrey!"

audrey rolled her eyes, knowing it was daniel. christina looked at her, eyes questioning, but didn't say anything.

"christina, you know where- oh thank god," daniel sighed with relief as he ran down the stairs, stopping in front of the tv. "rey, i was so worried."

"can you move? you're blocking the tv," audrey said, annoyance dripping from her voice. "i'm trying to watch something here."

daniel frowned, his smile fading. "what's wrong?" he asked, looking between audrey and christina, who shrugged.

"audrey?" daniel asked, stepping closer to her.

"why don't you go ask allison what's wrong, you asshole?" audrey snapped, leaning back on the sofa, pulling her legs towards her.

daniel froze, his eyes wide. "shit, you saw her messages."

"yeah, i saw her fucking texts, daniel. and i thought you were done with her. especially after everything we've been through."

"no, no, baby, i am, i promise it's just that-"

"what, daniel, what?" audrey asked, her voice sharp. "why would you still be texting her if you're done with her?"

daniel kneeled down next to audrey, whose eyes were staring straight ahead at the tv.

christina silently got up, heading back to her room.

"i promise, i'm not talking to her because i like her, she's helping with something, and i need you to trust me."

audrey's eyes snapped to daniel, filled with suspicion. "you need her help with something?"

"yes, but you need to trust me. please."

audrey sighed. "i can't believe i'm agreeing to this. fine. don't make me regret this."

daniel let out a puff of air, his shoulders relaxing. he looked at audrey, a small smile on his lips. "go have fun today with christina, and when you come back this evening, i'll have something for you."

audrey looked at daniel. "i don't want anything from you."

"but i wanna do this for you, so let me. have fun today, okay? and trust me."

audrey sighed, shaking her head. "fine."

• ☆ •
she speaks !

my heart hurts
💔

-n
☆ • ☆ • ☆