𝟺𝟾. 𝚒𝚏 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛

☆ • ☆ • ☆

"you know what we should do?" audrey asked daniel.

audrey was cuddled next to daniel, her legs thrown across his lap and arms around his body as they sat in the couch, watching a movie.

"go to the bedroom?" daniel asked, not looking away from the tv.

he turned to see audrey's unamused expression and let out a laugh. "i was just joking, unless that was your plan."

audrey shook her head. "no, i was saying we should go on a car ride together."

"another one?" daniel asked, turning the tv off and giving all his attention to audrey.

audrey and daniel had been going around the city in his tesla, driving in the dark to places that they had never been before.

"it was dark outside when went out yesterday night, and i was hoping we could go now," audrey said, her eyes downcast. "i want it to feel more normal."

daniel's fingers tangled with audrey's, rubbing his thumb lightly on her palm.

"okay," daniel said. "let's go, i know this really cute cafe we could go to, hopefully there won't be a lot of people there."

audrey shot daniel a grateful glance, getting up and heading to the bedroom, grabbing sunglasses, her phone, her purse, and a scarf, just in case.

they headed to the car, getting in quickly. daniel gave audrey his phone, and she started playing their playlist they had made together a few days ago.

"paradise" by khalid started playing in the car as daniel took the road to head to the outskirts of the city.

daniel pressed a button, and the windows slid down, allowing some fresh air into the car. audrey immediately put her sunglasses on, shooting a smile to daniel, who quickly pecked her cheek.

"focus on the road, dani," audrey said, a huge grin on her face.

"i don't need to, this car can drive itself," daniel replied, taking his hands of the wheel and using them instead to pull audrey towards him and give her a kiss on the lips.

"hands on the wheel, seavey."

"i'd rather have my hands on you," daniel winked, smirking.

"smooth, seavey, real smooth."

six songs later, audrey and daniel were at the small cafe, daniel parking in the back parking lot where only the employees were supposed to park.

"i've been here a lot," daniel explained, "especially when the boys are all on dates or whatever, so all the staff knows me."

they walked inside through the front door, heading to the counter to order something to drink.

the cafe was empty except for one man, who was on his laptop, but audrey kept looking out the big windows, hoping no one else was looking at the two of them.

"babe, what do you want?" daniel asked.

audrey looked at the menu, pulling her sunglasses off to see better. "um, chocolate croissant and iced coffee?"