𝟽𝟹. 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎?

☆ • ☆ • ☆

daniel, zach, kay, gabbie, jack, and tate were sitting in the backyard around the fire pit outside, while jonah was getting a drink. corbyn and christina were inside, talking to other friends and discreetly looking for audrey, who they hadn't seen for the past hour.

"did you see her?" tate asked daniel, taking a sip of her beer. "i thought i saw her, but it wasn't audrey."

daniel silently shook his head, gulping down his drink.

jack sighed, shaking his head. "well, then go look for her, and talk to her," he said, his brow furrowed. "unless you're really over her."

"he's not over her," kay and gabbie said at the same time, hiding smiles on their faces. they both got up, kay saying they were going to get some water before they went back inside the house.

tate and jack stood up, both saying they were going to look for jonah, who had probably been catching up with some friends he hadn't seen in a while.

that left zach and daniel alone, the youngest making jokes and trying to make daniel smile.

"so i told her-," zach stopped in the middle of his sentence, his eyes locking on something behind him.

audrey and some other guy, sitting together by the pool, her legs across his lap and arms around his waist, head leaning on his shoulder.

"and what? zach, stop zoning out what-," daniel turned to see what zach was looking at, and his blood turned to ice.

he stiffened, rising from his seat as he walked towards them.

even in her intoxicated state, audrey heard footsteps behind her, turning to see crystal blue eyes.

she gave daniel a lazy smile, her hands still wrapped around noah's body. "heyyyyy," she slurred, her eyes unfocused as she looked at her ex-boyfriend.

daniel blinked, asking her, "are you drunk?"

audrey frowned, her head spinning as she tried to string her words together in a sentence. "um, i dunno, jus' a lil bit, i think," she said, her words sluggish as she looked back at the boy she was draped over.

"why the fuck are you all over her, centineo?" daniel hissed at the brunette, his voice lowered.

noah smirked. "why do you care, seavey? she's not your girl anymore."

"boys boys boys, stop fighting," audrey said, a big grin on her face. "it's hot though," she muttered softly, taking a swig of her beer.

noah pushed a stand of audrey's hair behind her ears so it wasn't on her face, his eyes softening as he looked at her. "rey, you gotta stop drinking," he said, grabbing the bottle and holding it away from her.

daniel watched the scene with disgust, storming away to zach, jack, tate, and jonah, who had just joined the boy outside.

"what the fuck is going on?" zach asked, his eyes still stuck on noah and audrey.

"don't stare," jack said, elbowing zach's shoulder. "they look like-"

a loud splash made everyone outside turn to see both noah and audrey in the water, holding onto each other as they floated in the middle of pool.