𝟸𝟺. 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?

☆ • ☆ • ☆

three hours, seventeen minutes.

that's how long it took for audrey and daniel to say hi to everyone at the party and make small talk, dance, eat, and drink, of course.

they had returned outside, and daniel, audrey, kay, and zach were all just talking while sitting down at the seats placed on the balcony.

three hours, fifty three minutes.

that was how long it took for julian to find out where the party where audrey was at was located.

but he knew a lot of people, and it wasn't too hard for him to find out where jonah's apartment was, especially since the people who had told him where it was were completely drunk.

he opened the door, the bass of the music welcoming him immediately. dressed in black, he blended in with the others in the room, occasionally smiling or waving at those who he had met once or twice before.

his eyes roamed around the crowd, looking for the familiar waves of hair that belonged to audrey.

he couldn't find her, so he grabbed a drink, quickly turning his head when he saw that the person next to him was none other than kay cook.

he quickly poured his drink in the cup and walked towards the back of the apartment, to the balcony. kay was behind him, and he stiffened, but relaxed when he moved to the left of the balcony door and stood there while she opened the door to the balcony itself.

she disappeared outside, but not before julian could hear a very familiar laugh through the doorway.

it was audrey's.

"i'm so happy... no he's not!... of course... i'm not really planning on it... we could go tomorrow... would the other girls be free... yeah... sure, so tomorrow around... okay, we can go to the... and then the beach..."

those were the snippets of conversation that julian heard as he pressed his ear against the balcony door.

he backed up as he saw the door handle move, and turned to face the wall.

"excuse me?" a voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"um, yeah?" he said, turning around to meet tatum dahl.

"who are you? i don't remember anyone inviting you, and you don't look very familiar." the girl slurred, her brow furrowed.

julian froze, his eyes widening.

but the situation resolved itself as tate said. "oh, are you madison's new boyfriend? that's why you don't look that familiar! whatever, anyway, have fun, get drunk!" and she walked off.

julian sighed, and quickly walked out of the apartment, making sure to avoid anyone else that might recognize him.

he turned the doorknob, slipping out of the apartment and running to his car as fast as he could.

he knew what he was going to do tomorrow.

get audrey back, one way or another.