𝟽𝟶. 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

☆ • ☆ • ☆

julian and audrey stood outside, facing each other as they both stared the other down.

"so? you're just gonna stand there?" audrey asked, her voice dripping with annoyance. "what do you want, julian?"

"i need somewhere to stay."

audrey blinked. "why don't you use the money i gave you and stay in a fucking hotel?"

"because i used all of it."

"well, sucks for you, julian, looks like you're gonna have to find another place to stay."

"is this because of your boyfriend?" julian asked, leaning against the wall, "he's gonna get jealous if i'm here, right?"

"no, he wouldn't."

he totally would.

"so why can't you just let me stay for a few hours? i'll leave when my plane gets here."

"why are you even here, julian?"

julian sighed, brushing his soft hair out of his eyes before replying. "i was gonna surprise a girl i was talking to but she didn't want a relationship."

audrey snorted a laugh, her giggle echoing in the empty hallway. "and that, asshole, is called karma."

audrey unlocked her door, both of them stepping inside the apartment.

"smells good," julian commented, taking a breath of air.

"i made pasta," audrey said, cleaning up the glass cups left on the counter, and putting a small box of leftover pasta inside the fridge.

"i know you hate me, but can i have some?" julian asked, still in the living room, his back facing audrey as he looked at his phone.

"no, sorry, there's no more pasta left."

julian sighed as he turned around, his lips pursed. "my plane's been delayed."

"you're fucking joking, right?" audrey groaned, looking at julian's phone, which indeed, said that his flight to l.a. was delayed.

by ten fucking hours.

"just sit down, you can turn the t.v. on if you want," audrey said, heading to her guest bedroom to clean it up.

after a few minutes, she came back out, julian still on his phone.

"the guest bedroom's ready in case you wanna get some sleep," audrey said, sitting in the corner of the couch, as far away from julian as possible.

julian sighed, obviously not listening to audrey.

"julian."

he didn't look up from his phone, but sniffled, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

"are you crying?" audrey asked softly, moving a little closer to her ex-boyfriend. "is this about the girl?"

julian let out another breath, nodding his head as he looked at audrey, his eyes red with unshed tears.

"i-it's just that i really thought we had something and now-," julian let out a sob, audrey handing him a kleenex to wipe his tears.

audrey wanted to be mad, but she couldn't do it, and instead found herself moving closer to julian, giving him a hesitant hug.

"hey, it's okay, i promise you, it gets better. i'm proof it gets better," audrey said, letting out a dry laugh. "you're gonna be okay."

julian just held her a little tighter, moving so that his head rested on audrey's shoulder with her arm around him.

"you wanna watch cartoons like we used to?" audrey asked softly, julian nodding.

audrey turned the tv on, pressing buttons on the remote until she found the right channel, julian's head still resting on her shoulder as he stared at the screen in front of him.

audrey sighed, watching the show with him, and after a half hour heard small snores come out of julian's mouth.

she moved him so he was leaning against one of the pillows instead of her, and stood up, stretching as she walked back to her room, grabbing her phone.

she scrolled through twitter, sitting on her bed when her phone buzzzed, signaling an incoming call.

daniel🥰

audrey hesitantly pressed the answer button, quietly saying hi to her boyfriend, who looked at her, confused.

"why are you whispering, love?"

because my ex-boyfriend is in the living room and if you find out you're gonna murder him.

"nothing, i think i'm coming down with a cold or something," audrey said, her voice still quiet.

daniel frowned. "call christina and tell her to make some of my mom's soup, it always works."

audrey nodded, letting out a cough to make her cold seem more believable. "where are you guys now?"

"we're on the plane, corbyn's asleep," daniel said, smirking as he turned the camera around to show the other boy sleeping, his mouth wide open.

audrey giggled, and daniel turned the camera back to him, smiling. "i love you."

"i love-," audrey started, but she was cut off as she heard footsteps down the hall.

"audrey, where's the bathroom?" julian's voice called out loudly.

audrey shut her eyes, taking a breath before she faced daniel.

"is that julian? is your fucking ex-boyfriend at your house right now?" daniel hissed, keeping his voice as low as he could.

audrey bit her lip, "he's just staying the night because his plane got delayed and he knew my address, calm down."

"so make him find another-"

"audrey?" julian voice echoed through the apartment.

"it's the third door to the right, goddamnit!" audrey shouted back to julian.

it was silent, and audrey heard the opening and closing of a door.

audrey looked back at her phone, which was now black since daniel had ended the call.

fuck you, julian.