5. Bangtan

Well, hate was such a strong word

Well, hate was such a strong word. Jung-kook disliked them, that band who must not be named. Some people thought he was merely jealous of their success, that the other group sold out their first world tour and his crew couldn't even achieve half that.

It's not that his band wasn't popular in Seoul. They had a considerable following, they also made frequent television appearances, and they got airplay. But Jung-kook wasn't entirely sure if their popularity had anything to do with IU being his girlfriend. Now his ex.

He was uncertain whether it hurt his ego or his feelings when she left him. He felt more anger, not because he didn't see it coming, but when he found out she dumped him for another guy, a member of that dratted group, the bane of his life, he lost it.

Jung-kook swore his band would do better than BTS. His label company, JYP Entertainment, was one of the big players in the industry and they had poured a considerable amount of money into training and honing his group's singing and dancing skills, which involved dance workshops, voice lessons, music camps, and acting classes just so they would reach the level of BTS, or even surpass it.

So when the head of the said group requested time off for a little R&R, his management couldn't refuse. After all, Jung-kook was becoming a liability. His public outbursts, such as thrashing hotel rooms one minute and mewling like a cat-baby the next, were enough to give his company a headache. Not to mention that other members of his band suffered unwanted attention he brought. A few times, Yugyeom, the de facto leader in Jungkook's absence, had to deflect questions about the missing member during interviews.

The spin doctors whom his label hired to salvage their group's reputation had to work overtime just to pacify the inquisitive media and the hysterical fans who were becoming restless with each passing day of Jung-kook's truancy.

And it was with this intent in mind that the executives at JYP Entertainment sent Min-woo after the errant leader of STB.