43. Lies

Jung-kook loitered around the hallway for a good quarter of an hour, trying to simmer down his anger

Jung-kook loitered around the hallway for a good quarter of an hour, trying to simmer down his anger. His so-called friend Min-woo left him to find his own piece of paradise. Not wanting to leave the city on a bitter note, Jung-kook reigned in his fury and marched to the Dungeon.

The raven-haired man became speechless when he scanned the room. Not that he didn't realize what's happening when he opened the double doors. What was surprising was the fact that the sensual rampage displayed before him, still unnerved him, despite seeing it for the second time.

Jung-kook paced around leisurely amongst the writhing bodies; the sounds and smells emitting from them were intoxicating that he wanted to partake in the frenzy. Nearby him, a group of men surrounded a female, whose face was indiscernible from where he stood. Their limbs were entangled, and he didn't know where one started and another ended. He almost asked one of them if he could join when he spied the woman.

Jung-kook's body refused to move. Somehow he became transfixed in his spot as the girl looked eerily familiar. The elongated face, the prominent forehead, the sharp nose, the almond-shaped eyes were like Ji-Eun's. Flood of memories threatened to rush in, including all the lies he heard from his ex. He came to forget and had been successful until now.

Frantically, Jung-kook ran out of the Dungeon with his heart beating. What to do now? He couldn't leave in this state of duress. He needed to find Min-woo and get out. Jung-kook scurried around the halls in his black robe, looking like a menace.

One by one, he peeked through rooms trying to search for his friend. But every place he searched, there was no sign of Min-Woo.

Jung-kook stopped at an almost-empty billiard hall tucked away at the back of the house. He saw a man's half-naked figure bent over the pool table, his shoulders sloped and arms stretched as he held a stick between his fingers.

"Min-woo," Jung-kook called out.

The man didn't respond.

Jung-kook stepped closer to the man whose only form of clothing was a large towel tied around his waist. He nearly tapped the bare shoulder when he saw dangling from the man's wrist, a pendant in the shape of a tiger.